Okay, so I'm going to build a MPC/Ertl/AMT Falcon

PE looks awesome. Awesome.

As for figures. Well there is a Micro Machine figure set of the 'Classic Figures'. Should work.

Support. Yeah, the bottom gun area is logical. I am going to place mine more towards the rear and build some kind of internal bracket.

Blue is common for sure....yellow could look cool too I'm sure.

Yellow could work for the illumination.
Could brace her just off that bottom turret for your stand.

I dusted off the Taig lathe today and made some stuff:
JO204631.jpg

This is a road wheel from a 1/35 Esci Russian BMP. I turned a bucket to fit the wheel and mate it to the holes in the Falcon model's deck.

JO204630.jpg

Here are the PE parts in place with the turned aluminum ring to finish off the top of the vent. I will mold the wheel/bucket assembly and the aluminum ring and use resin castings on the model.

I also played around with the cockpit framing:
JO204633.jpg

Just some strips of channel and flat styrene stock.

I think I'll go with blue engine illumination after all, but mix some white LED's with the blue so that there's a "hot spot" through the center of the glow. Fun stuff!

Cheers,
Joseph

just WOW!

Your PE looks fantastic! And you have done a superior job with the canopy frames. I wish I had the dexterity to handle styrene strip that well! GREAT progress man!

Not a lot of progress to report, so I won't waste any bandwidth with boring pictures. Since I'm making my model "in flight," I've closed up the openings for the ramp and landing gear and I've been slowly working on filling those huge gaps around the openings. I think those openings should be fairly tight on a spaceship, right?

I glued my resin "vent-thingies" into the upper hull! Yay. Progress.
JO074711.jpg

I also spent quite a long time putting the detail panels around the docking ring thing:
JO074715.jpg

JO074713.jpg

I'll add some details to this one and make a couple of resin copies to use on the model. I used the template that was made by the Spanish modeler, but I changed the edges so that it would not look so "patterned." I had to tweak the pieces quite a lot to make them line up on the model part, but overall the template saved a lot of time and trouble.

'Yes this is quite banging' (said in a perfect english accent for some reason)

Hey guys,
I'm still alive but the Millennium Falcon project has been pushed off the table for the time being. I've been pretty busy with a steady stream of orders for my decals and resin stuff, and also I've been bitten by the car modeling bug. I haven't built a car model in a very long time and I've pulled out some of my old kits and I'm like a kid again. I pop in here every now and again and look at all the builds-- there sure is a lot of nice work being done! I knew I wasn't going to finish my Falcon by the time the GB was over, but I've spent enough time on it now that I have to see it through to the end... whenever that is :D

Keep on (space) truckin'!

Ah, come on....don't leave us like this!

This has to be one of the sharpest builds yet!

What happens to this Group Build when the time is up? I think maybe the Falcon should have a thread of its own, so that all these fantastic builds and reference pics are here for the future.....very inspiring

J

Joseph Osborn said:
....I'm still alive but the Millennium Falcon project has been pushed off the table for the time being.......

......I knew I wasn't going to finish my Falcon by the time the GB was over, but I've spent enough time on it now that I have to see it through to the end... whenever that is :D

I probally won't finish mine in time either, however, I'm still going keep working on it and updating the posts when I have the time.

You're doing a stand up job so far Joseph Osborn, we'll still be here watching for updates when you decide to get back into it.

Latest posts

Back