Oh my...where did everyone go?

noname

It seems the shelf queens have gone back up on the shelf again. You know this really didn't last long. Myself, I have been still working on the Nova here and there. But I must admit I am growing tired of it. Thus I have one urge to push through to completion just to get it done and then another urge to start something new. Is it because these things take so long? I am itching to do a diorama. This will no doubt take some time. Do I have the patience? Do I put it back in it's box for someday down the road? Do I trick myself into being interested again?

Where are your shelf queens at the moment?

Mine's still on the shelf.

I was inundated with modeling work for various projects that took precedence, I do intend on re-visiting it and maybe re-establishing this group build in some way (even if I have to bribe you all with some prizes from my stash in some sort of contest thingie) after the holidays/new year.

I finished the T-72 and quit on the AT-PT.

The Zombie thing kinda took me away from this with the sponsorship from Dark World Creations.

As for what to do with a shelf queen...

If you recall that 'SpitFire Down' dio that ended up being a shelf queen, here's how I finished it.

I put it on the floor and stood back from it about 5 feet. I then took one brisk step and threw my 205lb mass into the air and landed firmly on it, crushing it. Then I tossed it in the dumpster.

It felt awesome.

Ha! I don't think I could ever do that, but I suppose when it's gone it's gone. I've made new shelf queens now, they are my new annoying friends that look down at me whimpering finish me!!

I wasn't participating in the GB, but I have been chipping (slowly) away a few of my shelf queens. I've made a commitment to myself to try and finish them.

Ken, I think some prizes would get people moving. I think a lot of folks here would just like to see you build something.

Scott, I too very much enjoy destroying things. It can be quite freeing to throw something in the garbage. I don't do that to models much. Threw a few in the garbage tho. I hope you saved your Tilly?

I personally don't like to waste a half built kit. My Zombie mobile is an example a fun way to add life to something that was more or less dead to you. I've got enough time into this Nova I don't think I'd have the heart not to finish it now. Just maybe not right now. Or maybe I will. Who knows. I have a hundred other ideas I want to do. And I keep thinking about my "Rumours of War" build, ..which is becoming a shelf queen. I don't know, I just like opening the box of a new kit and digging in. I think if I had a good dedicated painting area I would get a lot more done. This waiting for a decent temperature to go out in the shed to airbrush is for the birds. Sucks big time.

Scott Girvan said:
I finished the T-72 and quit on the AT-PT.

The Zombie thing kinda took me away from this with the sponsorship from Dark World Creations.

As for what to do with a shelf queen...

If you recall that 'SpitFire Down' dio that ended up being a shelf queen, here's how I finished it.

I put it on the floor and stood back from it about 5 feet. I then took one brisk step and threw my 205lb mass into the air and landed firmly on it, crushing it. Then I tossed it in the dumpster.

It felt awesome.

Where's the "like" button?

I have been slowly working on the Lancaster. With 10 days off work hope to find some bench time :)

To be honest, my dozer and half half a dozen tank builds are on hold again for a even bigger project, Building a house,

I was able to complete min :De. Making it a GB entry made me focus on completing it and stop playing XBox. :D

Latest posts

Back