Oh I am so angry right now!!!!

To be honest, BlackSheep, I'm surprised it hadn't been done sooner.
It's a really good idea

Why are you so angry? Mr. Hobby first of all isn't Chinese, it is Japanese, and owned by Bandai.

2nd, they have had that powered sanding unit on the market for many years, Lucky Model shows it listed Aug 2009, but has been available for sale long before that. Nothing new here.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Why are you so angry? Mr. Hobby first of all isn't Chinese, it is Japanese, and owned by Bandai.

2nd, they have had that powered sanding unit on the market for many years, Lucky Model shows it listed Aug 2009, but has been available for sale long before that. Nothing new here.

Well they all look(read) the same to me.
Funny thing is, when I was researching the sander, I never found anything like it until now.
The only thing close to it was the electric stuff sold by Micromark.
I'm angry because I spent so much time testing and researching and (like I said) never found this was out there already.

Quaralane said:
To be honest, BlackSheep, I'm surprised it hadn't been done sooner.
It's a really good idea

Oh I'm sure it has.
I'm just disappointed that it was already out there and I spent time and money researching "the wheel" so to speak.

Also remember you are NOT the first person to stick a sanding pad on an electric toothbrush. There were a couple articles in FSM covering the same idea a very LONG time ago. Think early 90s. With diagrams on how to convert your own electric toothbrush into a sanding tool. Hate to say it but you are in no way special in this category.

I built one in a video in the first season. Can't find it because I didn't make useful notes in the videos but it's there somewhere.

Yeah, sorry dude, but Mr. Hobby had theirs years ago.

There's very few Hobby products that don't originate in Japan first, then get copied everywhere. Wait until you discover how out dated our stuff (West) is in comparrison.

HWR MKII said:
Also remember you are NOT the first person to stick a sanding pad on an electric toothbrush. There were a couple articles in FSM covering the same idea a very LONG time ago. Think early 90s. With diagrams on how to convert your own electric toothbrush into a sanding tool. Hate to say it but you are in no way special in this category.

I never said or claimed to be special....and this is NOT a toothbrush.
But whatever.

Black Sheep 1 said:
HWR MKII said:

I never said or claimed to be special....and this is NOT a toothbrush.
But whatever.

Then why are you so "angry" GRRRRRRRR You must have felt you were on to something or special in some way for you to let this bother you enough to post about it saying your angry...
And as for it not being a toothbrush...ooops my bad a "SONIC SCRUBBER" You know where the idea for the sonic scrubber came from? Sonic toothbrushes which came from your everyday electric toothbrush. Sorry for splitting hairs on wording but man you are taking this whole thing pretty personally

So? What was the main beef here? Trying to understand!!!

Personally! When I saw this contraption..... Years back in a FSM... I made one out of my old electric tooth brush and..... Well discovered it was a waste of batteries. Lots of noise and little work came out of it!

If special heads could be attached and used in hard to reach places... Maybe? I could stock one! But I now do all sanding by hand!

Hope you are feeling better? Not trying to feed fuel to the fire....!

I could feel a disturbance in the force.

Latest posts

Back