Not sure yet!

I've been making some steady progress on the first vehicle for this dio.The model chosen is a shelf queen,and fits the bill!.This kit is Tamiya's SDKFZ.251/1 although not a new one,but still a very good one.I decided to add some stowage to the crew compartment,and will paint this 251 in a late-war scheme.
SANY0490.jpg
SANY0488.jpg
SANY0497.jpg
Ready for primer.......
SANY0498.jpg
now onto the inside......
SANY0563.jpg
SANY0564.jpg
Stowage colors blocked in,and some of the chipping&weathering in progress

And the camo.....all painted with Lifecolor&Panzer Aces colors.
SANY0717.jpg
SANY0718.jpg
SANY0719.jpg
Now it's onto the weathering which will be done with oil's&AK streaking grime.
As always thanks for peeking in ;)

nice extra's buddy you can't beat a tamiya kit fits together like a glove love the camo

I have a question about your painting process, as I am always eager to learn and just returning to the Hobby only recently.

Did you prime the interior with all the boxes, helmets and bags in place? Or were they removed first and then primed. Or did you prime and paint them in place?

Thanks for the info,

hook1169 said:
I have a question about your painting process, as I am always eager to learn and just returning to the Hobby only recently.

Did you prime the interior with all the boxes, helmets and bags in place? Or were they removed first and then primed. Or did you prime and paint them in place?

Thanks for the info,

Hi Ya Hook.....In regards to your question I prime the entire interior and all its contents the same color(in this case oxide red)I then spray the same with it's base color,then go back and block-in each piece of stowage with its own color.I find painting it this way ties everything together,and speeds the process,some folks paint them seperate,and that works fine to.I hope this answers your question,and like yourself I'am always looking for new tips&methods :)

Lastnight I had a chance to really delve into the weathering on the 251 ;D and tried a new method of drybrushing the camo colors in successive lighter tones(with Vallejo colors) then wash,filter,blend with AK products&oils.So far i'am pleased with the results,and now some detail painting is due chipping and the like,lay some color on the handtools,paint the MG&shield and put some straps on the tarp.
SANY1550.jpg
SANY1549.jpg
SANY1548.jpg
The tarp is from Plus Models and looks killer!
SANY1547.jpg
SANY1546.jpg
As always thanks for stopping by ;)

the halftrack is looking mighty good Chris! i particularly like the dirt effect above the running gear!

andrei383 said:
the halftrack is looking mighty good Chris! i particularly like the dirt effect above the running gear!

Thanks Andrei! I'am using some new ideas for the mud&dust,was never my strong suit :p

Some really nice camo and interior work Chris, looks pretty good so far for "not sure yet", lol!

Cheers, Ski.

P.S. That's what's so cool about this Sport, you can decide on the fly, as you go along.

Steve Ski said:
Some really nice camo and interior work Chris, looks pretty good so far for "not sure yet", lol!

Cheers, Ski.

P.S. That's what's so cool about this Sport, you can decide on the fly, as you go along.

Ski.....((((LOL))) thanks bro! this one just seems to fall into place.

Latest posts

Back