Nitto Ma.K Maschinen Krieger A.F.S. Mk I

Awesome piece! Every aspect is additive to the story. The photography is beautiful too. Great work and thanks for sharing it.

I'm struggling mightily with getting good photos. Can share a little about your photography setup? Lighting and general setup, particularly.

Absolutely!

- homemade foam core scoop
- thin white or black card stock as the base surface, curved at the back
- 3 hardware store utility lamps (spring clamp kind)
- 3 26w warm CFL bulbs
- tripod
- Sony NEX 5
- Sony 30mm Macro lens

I shoot RAW files, convert to DNG, and then use Adobe Lightroom for the processing.

Photos of the setup:

SxPzelS.jpg

xrYAbpH.jpg

NbXScVi.jpg

TI9lYMK.jpg

Ian - Many thanks. This help tremendously. I have the same utility lamps but am clearly using the wrong bulbs. I also suspect you're getting great light bouncing from the white foam core surface. I'll add this to my homemade, PVC lightbox setup. I'm greatly encouraged now. Thanks so much for taking the time to present your setup!

My pleasure. I feel good photography is half the battle of presenting a model, either as a work in progress or finished piece.

I'll probably update my foam core scoop with something like a PVC set up (similar to this: http://tinyurl.com/b8dmyg4) later in the year. I'd like something more substantial that I can better position the lights on.

Shooting in a RAW format, if you camera supports it, is also incredible beneficial. It allows for so much more control over the image when adjusting for brightness, contrast, white balance etc.

Latest posts

Back