Nice Contest

Just got my entry inn. Lack of funds didint alow me to buy a new model so i ned to build one i had and as my stas consists of 4 models i did not have much chose. But seteld on a 1:72 tiger tank. The fact It is my fyrst tank and it's tiny makes this a definet challange for me but looking forward to it.

Hope you all have a grate day.

I finally sent mine in. I was going to do something else but it was a bit too much to get done in a month 1/2. lol So I just do some more military stuff.

Hope the cell phone pic with the date works. I saw a couple other do it. Hard to find a newspaper at 3am in the morning and I probably will be AFK all day.

Cell phones are fine. Thanks. Lots of cool entries. GvendurE - I don't think you sent a photo did you?

Uuu yes i have sent u a pic. Its in the mid row fith down in the entrie the one woth the evening standard.

OK, sorry. I need to create a spreadsheet. LOL - keep track of everything. Just dumping email into a folder is no longer enough. Thanks.

oh and I just realised that my main email is not the same as my paypal email hope thats not to confusing..... ???

Woo yay. Sent the picture with the cell phone and the kit / styrene sheets out today. The paypal money may take a while, I had to recharge my account. ::)

Grendels said:
Gary,

That is one build I would like to see. I have had my eye on that model for a while now. I just sent in my entry, Galaxy Quest Protector.

Oh you lucky dog! I wish I had some shops around here in Halifax that had things like Viper 2's or Protectors. I love Science fiction kits.

This is shaping up into a great contest. Massive pile of entries! This is so cool! Way to go Scott!

The entries are rolling in, which is nice to see.

Good luck everyone.

;D

Gary said:
Grendels said:
Gary,

That is one build I would like to see. I have had my eye on that model for a while now. I just sent in my entry, Galaxy Quest Protector.

Oh you lucky dog! I wish I had some shops around here in Halifax that had things like Viper 2's or Protectors. I love Science fiction kits.

This is shaping up into a great contest. Massive pile of entries! This is so cool! Way to go Scott!

You only have to e-mail your friendly Elm City Hobbies to get you those items!

I checked your site and your inventory list had a zip. I know Moebus is out of stock in Viper Mk2's and everyone is backordered up the ying yang. The Protector and the Russian diorama stuff, I didn't order due to time frame issues... Might still try the Russian tank. I dunno.

I just had an idea for Scott G's next contest. What if everyone started with the same kit, supplied by Elm City, they (you) being a major sponsor, and we see where folks can take it in a limited time frame. Something inexpensive for the contestants to buy, but still a good enough quality that novice competitiors like me could stand a chance in finishing. Maybe different categories, an armour kit, car kit, aircraft kit and a Sci-fi kit. You get a month before the start date to register and pay, all the kits go in the mail approx a week prior to the contest starting, longer for overseas, and we all go nuts trying to do some silly personal spin on these things. (A Canadian Air Force Viper MK2 for me!) (Ohh Ohh, P-51's in your nation's livery! Almost every country flew the things, so if you're from the UK, a UK varient, an Aussie,, Cannuck, US, Bolivian, Russian etc etc.)
Oh, this idea stuff is too much fun!

Hey Scott G. I think you need to start a new thread with just ideas for the next round! I love this site!

Yeah Vipers are sold out everywhere, suppliers just got a Moebius restock last week....but no vipers in the midst of it. Probably looking at at least mid to late June at this point, which sucks as I hoped to have some for the show at the end of May.

I have 12 (so far) on hold at my supplier, 8 are sold already, I can keep adding more to the hold list as I get them sold!

Protector, I will have one at the show, sci-fi is a fiddly seller, never know what is going to sell! Some things you think would sell like hotcakes (the new re-released AMT Mr. Spock), and doesn't, or you need a truckload of them, and can't get them, like the Vipers. Moebius told me that they were completely sold out of all their vipers with in 48hrs of them landing in the US.

I so want to do this contest but at the moment I don't know what free time I'll have. Plus being distracted by waiting to hear back from the Dr. just makes doing anything not as enjoyable. Plus I only really have a few kits to work with that aren't started.

Hey Scott, I just posted over on my Blog site about the contest http://metropolishobbies.blogspot.com/ I hope this is ok with you? Let me know. I would love to sign up for this but my work table is in limbo and I can't think of anything to do fast. Keep up the good work.
Everyone take care,
Thenightclerk

ps. Maybe just maybe, I can find something to build...

First off id just like to thank Scot and all the sponsors plus the staff here at SMA for putting on such a great contest.and wish everybody the best of luck for the contest and say that im really looking forward to seeing the other entries :)

I was just checking some of my 1/72 stuff and found a gun crew guy who would fit nicely onto the back of a tank.he is kinda hunched over and could look like he is talking to the tanks commander .so iv been thinking about maybe putting one of the many many tanks i picked up last week into the bombed out building .and having this guy look like he is talking to the STUG/Hetzer/Whatevers commander just before the battle kicks of or during a lull in the fighting.

Also thinking about having a MG42 on the second floor so it looks like its covering the tanks flank from any infantry who may try to sneak up on it.but il have to check first to see how its all going to work together.will try it out on an older building i made just to see if it looks worth while .if so i may enter it in the diorama section not that i have any delusions of wining it mind you ,but more to help fill out another section of the contest.

but since im in the garbage section i don't see how i can justify having a scale model in there.when the whole idea behind what im doing is to use old rubbish and scrap bits i have knocking about my shed .
So is it ok to enter it in both sections if i pay the extra entry fee ? if not i will prob make it just for the craic and fire it up on the forum so you can see how good/bad it turned out lol

thanks, and again best of luck ppl :)

Hi Scott, I just received my early bird price in the mail today. It is so cool cant wait to build it. But I think i need to finish my contest entry first. Bin to slack to post any wips but the plan is to finis all construction today an most of the paint job. Then the weathering sometime this week.

Happy modeling and god bless.
Gummi

Aw man. I am out. Can't make it in time. I am just too slow for scratchbuilding. But I'll show you my "entry" in a couple of weeks or months. :-[

Today is the 30th so id just like to wish everybody taking part the best of luck ,and say again that the standard of entries has been really high .no matter the out come you have all done excellent work with your respective builds .top job ppl and keep up the great work ;D

And a big thanks to Scot & SMA staff for running the contest as well as the sponsors for putting up such great prizes .

This has been simply the best online contest I have ever seen.
First the prizes are totally amazing!
Second, the fairness and even ground for the rules. Well done Scott
The level of participation is amazing.
The quality of participation is even more amazing!
Scott, three cheers for you dude

Latest posts

Back