Newbie to Forum

ModelManiac62

Hi all,

I recently got back into modeling. I got laid off and found myself with more time on my hands than I have had in the last 30 years. I used to build models like crazy when I was a kid. My mom would let me pick out a model at the grocery store ($2.00 for a Revell Willys Gasser drag racer kit 40 years ago). My dad and brother were into RC planes and I would go with them to the local hobby shop and find a Tamiya tank kit.
Anyways I am having fun building kits again while I look for a job. I am looking forward to learning new building and weathering techniques from the folks here.

Attachments

• Bronco.JPG
    Bronco.JPG
    272.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Ma.K.JPG
    Ma.K.JPG
    298.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Resistance Car.JPG
    Resistance Car.JPG
    396.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Slug.JPG
    Slug.JPG
    395.2 KB · Views: 15
Welcome back to the hobby, and welcome to the Herd, MM! From those pics, I think it'll be rather some of us who will learn from you! You've got good weathering techniques down pretty well.

Is that suit a Gustav? Is it an old Nitto kit or a new Wave re-release? I like MaK subjects, too. I have an AFS in progress, to be used with a SDR suit in a diorama.

I look forward to seeing more of your builds!

Best regards,
Brad

Thanks very much for the kind words. I got the Ma.K. / Hasegawa kit on ebay. It is 1/35 scale not the 1/20 scale like most MK kits I have seen. It is suppose to go with the Metal Slug Tank. I am working on a AF Club 3/4 ton Dodge military truck. This is a really nice kit.
Struggling with the air brush today. It is very hot here in So Cal this week and I need to paint in the garage. The paint drys really fast and does not flow well.
Thanks so much again for the comment and have a good Labor day week end.

Attachments

• My Ma.K Kit.JPG
    My Ma.K Kit.JPG
    396.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Slug.jpg
    Slug.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back