Newbie decal application question

larhon

Hi. New user here and also a newbie to model kit painting.
I am using Tamiya clear coat spray on my car model but stopped because I wanted to know if you apply decals before or after clear coat?
Should I wet sand the paint and then apply the decals or just wet sand the clear coat then apply the decals?

Hi. New user here and also a newbie to model kit painting.
I am using Tamiya clear coat spray on my car model but stopped because I wanted to know if you apply decals before or after clear coat?
Should I wet sand the paint and then apply the decals or just wet sand the clear coat then apply the decals?
Hi and welcome, loads of great advice to be had here.
I gloss coat the painted build, then decals using micro sol and set. Matt coat to finish after weathering.
Pantherman

I guess I'll be wet sanding the clear coat, use some scratch removal before applying the decals then.

I guess I'll be wet sanding the clear coat, use some scratch removal before applying the decals then.
Post some photos so we can see where you are with the build. It makes it easier to offer the best advice.
Pantherman

Well here it is with just a few coats of Tamiya paint spray and one quick coat of Tamiya clear spray.

( I didn't see where to upload an image from my PC so I had to host it. )

Attachments

• 20230514_013154.jpg
    20230514_013154.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
When you click on the picture icon , click on " Drop Image ( or click here ) " to upload straight from your device to the site .

I'm not familiar with IMGBOX but that loaded at dial-up speed ,
at least here on my end .

Latest posts

Back