New Photo Studio

FW190A-8

Hey Herd,
In another thread, Myke asked me to talk more about my new Portable Photo Booth. So here it is for anyone interested. Cost $40 AUS from ebay.
1. Photo 1 shows the carry bag that holds everything AND becomes the booth. It all just folds out and the lights and tripod are in those pockets you can see.
2. Photo 2 shows the booth unfolded with the lights and tripod in place
3. Closeup of one of the lights. They have their own spring loaded legs that retract back into the light tube for storage
4. The tripod that folds up nice and small to fit back into the pocket on the bag
5. The other 3 liners that come with the studio

I think it is going to work out great once I get a decent camera and get rid of the wrinkles from the liners :p.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I have one of these as well....don't use it very often though...mostly because I am too lazy to set it up....just as easy to set up a drop cloth as you back and whatever lights you want to use...then you don't run into something being too big for the cube.

The lights I found were very yellow also...even more so than a regular incandescent bulb.

But, for $40....its not a bad investment.

i think your robed your self here because you can make one for next to noting and it will do the exact same thing.

i use 2 sheets of A4 or cloth of various colors for my "lightbox" but if you are happy using this then by all means do so :)

Thanks for sharing that. I think for that's a pretty good price for not having to go through the trouble of building it. I can see how some 1/32 stuff might not fit in there but I'm sure it could be modified.

Oh yeah, that will work nicely for 1/72 and some 1/48 builds.
It might be a little tight for the larger scale ( including some 1/48 multi engine kits).

When you get time it would be great to see some pics while using this. At the end of the day that's all that counts...quality of the pics. It's a nice setup for sure.

One could easily argue I spent close to forty bucks on all the stuff I use in my home made set up, so I think that price is well beyond fair.

Like my home boy Scooter said, it's all about the quality of the pics at the end of the day.

Latest posts

Back