My Shiny '69 Charger

Drpepeprz

Hey guys!
This car is a "learning build", I am using it to learn how to properly make show quality cars so all comments are welcomed!

Here's the motor, still got the decals wiring to do waiting on snail mail to come in, thx http://www.elmcityhobbies.com/shop/

Next step, prep the rest of the car for paint, dry over night and primer tomorrow :)

repsoting pics, won`t let me edit for some reason....

SAM_0253_zpsd5affdd8.jpg

SAM_0252_zpsb5ebca36.jpg

SAM_0251_zps487db583.jpg

I've been painting the interior but really dont like it...

2013-10-07130756_zpsfe4003bf.jpg
This is Deck tan from Tamiya, can't really see on the pic butit has a real pinkish color to it and is way too pale...this is what i was trynig to get...

So I'll get some Super Clean this week-end, strip and start over

Cheers!

Finnaly got around to strip, re-prime and re-paint the interior...

Much better don't you think?

Drpepeprz said:

Engine looks good so far. The only issue I see is the center console above is slanted to the right. The notch on the left side is supposed to line up with the corresponding notch on the driver's side. This is actually one of the things I HATE about Revell's 68 and 69 Charger kits - the right side of the console being rounded off makes absolutely no sense. If you can debond it and reglue it, I would do so.

SAM_0311_zpse503eac3.jpg

Almost finished the interior today :D

SAM_0312_zps33425fea.jpg

SAM_0316_zps67736611.jpg

just need minor touch up, will get done tomorrow after the glue is all dry :D

I found some old rubber at work today and it gave me an idea....

SAM_0317_zps1782f40e.jpg

I will try to perfect the technique..got enough rubber for about 300 tries lol!! I wanna see what i can do with a dremel...

anyway, here's how they look in the car
SAM_0318_zpsfba92e24.jpg

And all touched up, interior completed!

SAM_0319_zpse64bd5ef.jpg

I'm still painting the undercarriage and body atm, should be all done by this week end :eek:

Latest posts

Back