My Second Model-(Complete)

TheFrenchmen24

hi im ryan, im 16 and new to scale modeling. this is my second model ive made its almost complete. its a revell f-15e strike eagle. if you gys can give me some feed back and tips thatd be great!
IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

Re: My Second Model-In progress

Looks really good so far.
What are you using for your panel lines?

Pencil. Cool. It really works well. Nice clean buildup and the panels are really 'tight'.

Do you plan to weather this at all? Looks like there's still decals to do etc...

TheFrenchmen24 said:
pencil, lol
Pencil definitely works. Use it for the same thing myself.
Looking forward to seeing the decals

Geez, that looks great for your second model. Really great. Nifty trick with the pencil. Maybe you'll be teaching us all a few thing too!! Keep up the good work.

thanks everyone, i havent weathered a model yet,i might get a cheap model and practice on it and possibly bring that effect in some of my bigger models

Don't knock yourself. Pencil is totally legit for doing detail work.

It looks great so far. I'd gloss coat it and get the decals on. ;D

Pencil idea is nice I would never have taught if it, and it is defo looking really good for your second kit, top work

I haven't come across pencil panel lines in some times... but it always worked for a Polish friend of mine!

Keep up the good work ! don't forget to Gloss coat your model before Decals... It will prevent "Silvering" ! then a nice Dull or semi gloss to finish it off !!! depending on the end result you are after !

Please keep posting pictures... as a second build ! it is Darn good !

Looking forward to your next project !

Welcome aboard !

IMAG0064.jpg

Just brushed on some future, what are some other things i can use as a finish, and is there are any in like a spray can? time for some decals

Most of the major manufacturers offer clear coats in spray form.
Matte (flat), satin (semi-gloss), and gloss finishes

Next time you do decals and they are dry give them a sealer coat of Future over the top,helps to blend in the decal edges.

Looks good guy
Tony lee

TheFrenchmen24 said:
IMAG0067.jpg

Its done im thrilled with how this kit turned out

And so you should be ;D...An excellent build especially considering its only your second !!!! you got those panel lines nice and neat ,and the decals are tops ;)....Well done .

Chris.

Latest posts

Back