My SciFi entries for the contest...

GalaxyChief

Both are Games-Workshop kits of which I have never built and picked up for this contest.
They may end up with some aftermarket parts on them but I am yet undecided how extensive to upgrade either.

Wish me luck.
anim_beer.gif

Thats what got me into the hobby. I build/paint more than I play. I doubt the Valk will ever be used by me in a game either..... but it is a very nice model.

I will be posting up a few pics later today. I put a few hours into the Valk Saturday, interior is just about finished and a couple of the sub assemblies are waiting for the troop compartment to be put together.

So a little bit of an update. The interior is as far as i am going to take it. Mostly because this is the only time you will be able to see all of the details on the walls and bulkhead.

I chose to weather the floor and ramp and will do some around the doors once the exterior has been painted. I am still undecided as to weather or not I will use the door gunners. I feel they look a bit odd with the location of the doors under the wings.

I chose to use Tamiya cokpit green which I sprayed over a light coating of white primer.

Here you can see the little bit of detail work I have done. With the exception of the green all of it is brushed on with some diluted acrylics from Citadel and Tamiya. The floor and ramp were weatherd with Mig pigments.... first time using them and so far I am liking them, beats trying to drybrush everything. I used a graphite pencil for some of the edges I wanted to look as if they were rubbed to bare metal.

Here are the sub assemblies, engine necels, tail booms and wings. The engines will be painted seperate from the rest of the aircraft to ease in keeping my mental condition for not having to mask them when shooting the camo

Nice progress G-chief! Interesting build! ;D Will be watching. 8)

Just a little bumpdate...

Completed the troop compartment the other night... primed the main sub assemblies and have done a base coat, preshade and will hopefully get the camo done this evening/weekend.

I am thinking I will do the bottom in duckegg blue for a countershade. Or rather Tamiya's Sky color

The main paints used so far on the top are Tamiya's NATO green and the pre-shade is dark green.

Definitely coming along nicely with the flyer.
Looking forward to seeing more on this

I have a Valkyrie sitting on the shelf just looking down at me. Lots of GW stuff. Like buying them, just never seem to get round to painting them. Never really played the game either. One thing I will say, the GW kits have much nicer plastic than the Revell kit I am working with. Look at the Revell plastic the wrong way and you have a ton of filling to do.

Looking forward to watching your progress.

P.S. I also have a Baneblade on the shelf.(it's even finished!)

Pre-shading was recovered with NATO green.

I raided my wifes scrapping scissors set for one that would cut out waves that I used for the stencil. The stencil was attached with rolled tape that held it just a little bit off of the surface. This gave it a little bit of overspray and helped blend the colors. The belly was then painted Tamiya's sky and pre-shaded with light sea grey and recoated with sky.

This was my first time using pre-shading on models. And I must say I am happy with the results so far. It will not be my last time for sure. I can also see the benefit of running two air brushes at the same time. I will need to get my Aztek running for the next project and use it for the base coats and the Paache for the preshading as I feel right now I have better control of the paint with it.

The next step on this will be markings and then some light weathering.

Way to go Chief!!! You should be happy with the results! Nice job so far!! ;D

A couple of cool looking builds ,nice progress too .!

Chris.

Latest posts

Back