My Next build Tamiya 1/48 A10 thunderbolt

I just finished one of these kits, very nice! And she came out ok. I don't know why it's been bashed on here. the quality wasn't bad.

The A10's used to do practice bombing runs here in the Ozarks. One day I'm pretty sure they targeted my house as it flew low level right over us. I did not appreciate it. The wife and I thought a plane was going to crash into our house.

The A10's used to do practice bombing runs here in the Ozarks. One day I'm pretty sure they targeted my house as it flew low level right over us. I did not appreciate it. The wife and I thought a plane was going to crash into our house.
When I was in college there, we used to see AC130s fly over the campus.

So I finally settled on my next build well more like found something I wouldn't mind building for a reasonable price sorta.

I picked up a Tamiya A10 kit from my local hobby shop I figured Tamiya makes good armor hopefully they make good aircraft too.

The A10 is known to me as the Warthog but I guess the air force calls them thunderbolts.
It is as I was told in my time with the Marines the only aircraft purpose-built for a gun another words the gun came first and they said hey we got this bad a$$ gun it would be cool if it could fly .. so the A10 was born.

This aircraft has a special place in my heart because it has saved my butt quite a few times overseas.. the main gun makes the most unforgettable noise I have ever heard and will surely never forget. Nothing sends the enemy running like 2,000-4,000 round per minute of 30mm depleted uranium rounds . The aircraft is built tough and has been know to fly back from missions with upto or at least proven to 30% of it's wing surface missing from battle damage. To this day the military has been looking for a replacement to this aircraft but have been unable to find a adequate substitute for it's capabilities.

I started work on the assembly how ever I'm finding that this kit maybe paced alot different as there is a lot of parts that need specific paint colors that would be applied much easier apart then after put together at least much cleaner application for that matterView attachment 94576
I am actually in the last part of this build. I enjoyed building this kit. This is my first model build in 30+ years and my first ever attempt with an air brush.
Happy building

Attachments

• A-10.jpg
    A-10.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 10
I am actually in the last part of this build. I enjoyed building this kit. This is my first model build in 30+ years and my first ever attempt with an air brush.
Happy building
Great job!
I got my airbrush before the end of last year. It's a lot of fun and so much easier and less fumes than rattle cans not to mention more controll.

Nice job @Golanthius ! I recently built the same model from Tamiya (I'm a big fan of their kits), and it was also MY first stab at airbrushing.
I have a bunch of Tamiya aircraft kits in 1/48 that I've yet to build. But I also picked up an A-10 kit from Hobby Boss, haven't started it yet, but it is a nicer kit than Tamiya's, AND, it has a full GAU-8 cannon! Enjoy your airbrush, I know that I am!

image10.jpeg

image2.jpegimage03.jpeg
Cheers

I just finished this built. I enjoyed putting this one together.

Attachments

• 2891AA0D-6084-4DC2-ADE0-015CA3266C99.jpeg
    2891AA0D-6084-4DC2-ADE0-015CA3266C99.jpeg
    270.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 37CD5A9F-DAD7-4AE3-A24D-91F024C0E9FD.jpeg
    37CD5A9F-DAD7-4AE3-A24D-91F024C0E9FD.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 5
  • CDF104FC-1FD4-4FC3-AD15-2CF28009B63E.jpeg
    CDF104FC-1FD4-4FC3-AD15-2CF28009B63E.jpeg
    296.3 KB · Views: 5
Fantastic!!!! A-10, hands down, my favorite modern aircraft. Nothing like a flying tank that kills tanks.

Thanks Quisp!
I consumed many boxes of both Quisp and Quake as a child.
:)
I as well, until they had the contest and stopped making quake. Funny those two and captain crunch are the exact same cereal in different shapes.

Latest posts

Back