My Next build Tamiya 1/48 A10 thunderbolt

PXL_20221026_192455161.MP.jpg
PXL_20221026_192450788.jpgPXL_20221026_192447312.jpgPXL_20221026_192444377.jpg
She is coming together I just gotta add the landing gear assemblies and the rest of the cock pit and canopy.
I think I'm gonna hold off on the landing gear till after I build all the bombs and rockets it carries because I feel that it would be easy to knock off the fragile parts with my clumsy hands.

In the mean time I gotta look for the tape they sealed up the lunar lander with and order the decals I need

Attachments

• PXL_20221026_174231083.jpg
    PXL_20221026_174231083.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 0
" In the mean time I gotta look for the tape they sealed up the lunar lander with ... "
LOL
I got it on Amazon because they said I could have it next day delivery so it'll be here in the morning which works out great. 4 pack of 4 different diameters for 12 bucks

PXL_20221027_212414959.MP.jpgPXL_20221027_212435271.MP.jpg
I had to share some sidewinder rockets from my spare parts bin with him because he was eyeing up my GBU-8 smart bombs from the A-10... Little furry devil shoulda let the crows eat him when we found him

I feed the ones out back with copious amounts of roasted peanuts ,, I have enough animals inside the house , lol .
The crows are huge fans of the peanuts and I like them hanging around since they keep the hawks away .
I put sunflower seed and millet out there for the other birds .
.... of course the buffet brings in the rabbits and I'm sure the opossums and rats are out there at night .
There's a massive jackrabbit that lurks around my property . I saw him looking in the back , sliding glass door months ago .
His ears must be a foot tall .
Cottontails all over -- and where you see one you know there's at least 20 more . They breed like rabbits !

PXL_20221027_195509761.jpgPXL_20221027_195506350.jpg
My lunar lander tape was delivered today! Thanks to the recommendation of Urumomo I purchased some Kapton tape from.amazon and was able to get next day delivery which makes life so convenient when it comes to ordering stuff online.

This tape works fricken awesome I'd highly recommend it for canopys. If you like me and you have the hands of an epileptic with terrets trying to paint the tiny frame work of a scale model canopy is a night mare.

Being that the tape is transparent and forms a nice clean seal you just need a sharp blade and a canopy that has decent frame lines to follow. It wasn't perfect but that wasn't the fault of the tape mainly the canopy I was working with wasn't the highest quality so the frame lines were nearly flush with the rest of the glass and the thickness of the tape which really isn't that thick made it slightly hard to trace the frame cleanly but again not the tapes fault and the work still came out better then any other canopy I have paint before

Attachments

• PXL_20221027_190702613.jpg
    PXL_20221027_190702613.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 1
I feed the ones out back with copious amounts of roasted peanuts ,, I have enough animals inside the house , lol .
The crows are huge fans of the peanuts and I like them hanging around since they keep the hawks away .
I put sunflower seed and millet out there for the other birds .
.... of course the buffet brings in the rabbits and I'm sure the opossums and rats are out there at night .
There's a massive jackrabbit that lurks around my property . I saw him looking in the back , sliding glass door months ago .
His ears must be a foot tall .
Cottontails all over -- and where you see one you know there's at least 20 more . They breed like rabbits !
I have a small farm goats chickens ducks a pig that I'd love to eat, two cats, a husky, chinchilla and a salt water aquarium complete with live coral. my wife is a animal lover and I can't complain I love them all to sometimes lol. Happy wife happy life.

We occasionally get rats because of the animal feed but the cats keep them at bay and the ones that get a little to comfortable get picked off by my pellet rifle.

There's always rats .
I live trap them and relocate them a couple miles from here where there's no houses and always running water .
There's a sand pit nearby , a huge one , and they're always dewatering it so there's a continuous water supply to the creek .
I tell them , " see-ya ! , watch out for owls and hawks !! "
There's some monster owls out here . I love owls . So badass .

There's always rats .
I live trap them and relocate them a couple miles from here where there's no houses and always running water .
There's a sand pit nearby , a huge one , and they're always dewatering it so there's a continuous water supply to the creek .
I tell them , " see-ya ! , watch out for owls and hawks !! "
There's some monster owls out here . I love owls . So badass .
It's strange how I find random people that have a lot in common. Owls are my favorite I love looking for them at night were I live though we have a few bald eagles a bunch of turkey vultures and wild turkeys a ton of hawks and a ton of random wild life. I wouldn't mind the rats except for concerns of disease to my live stock n they multiply to fast for my neighbor hood to have a large population that would create a problem.

What part of the Great Merica you from

I'm just south of Houston .
It's fairly rural here where I'm at .

lol , man , about 14 -15 years ago I had walked out back behind the shop right at sundown .
I have a bunch of huge live oaks all over the property and it backs up to the headwaters of Chocolate Bayou so it's nothing but woods behind me
Twilight , and I was a bit baked :D , standing there zoning out with a cigarette , and out of the corner of my eye I saw what looked like a little spaceman wearing a round space helmet standing about 40 feet from me near the trees .
" Uuhhh , what in tha ... oh , it's an owl " lol .
I was a bit freaked out there for a few seconds .
There's a damn alien spaceman in a silver spacesuit standing in my yard !

A pair had 2 offspring maybe 4 years ago up in one of the oaks on the east fence line .
One of the owlets was on the ground out there during the day -- couldn't get the flying thing figured out .
I had to keep the dogs in until it was back up in the canopy .

Ah , it wasn't that long ago .
evidently April of 2019 :

20190408_181447.jpg

Today I assembled and worked on all of the ordinance for the A-10 simple yet very tedious work ... Unfortunately I'm not happy with 90% of it so I'll most likely be redoing it all. I tried different tricks to get clean lines on the ordinance because for some reason Tamiya decided paint instead of decals was the way to go unfortunately I'm just not that great with clean straight lines.
Because of this my progress was slowed alot.. I probably could have finished the main aircraft but I've been very hesitant to add the landing gear an canopy because I don't have a lot of storage space to keep it safe when it not complete

Ugh gotta approach it another way on sunday

PXL_20221028_194206118.jpg

PXL_20221028_194245099.MP.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20221028_194220053.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221028_194220053.MP.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20221028_194243228.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221028_194243228.MP.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 2
Parafilm is also a good choice for masking canopies. Probably cheaper too when you consider how much is on a roll. Ive been using the roll I have for years now.

I have the same bits. Thanks for your story and lesson. I'll know now to take it out and close it up. OUCH!
Lol it was weird watching the doc cut into and fish around in my finger joint, because that drill bit was so tiny you couldn't see it with all the meaty bits and blood he had to basically just grasp around and keep checking they wound up getting it by magnetizing the forceps.

For reference I guess the best dimensions of this broke but was that it was roughly just under a half inch in length and the thickness of a insulin needle which I think is 32g.

I woulda left it in if it was horizontal, my body would have eventually pushed it out like a splinter but it was vertical and I couldn't tell were exactly it was.

Come to think of it I gotta by replacement bits now they came in handy for modeling
I have the same set. Thanks for your story and lesson. Now I'll know not to leave mine open and close the box.
I hope you have a speedy recovery.

For the wounds recieved in action you are hearby awarded the Purple Heart.

Attachments

• images (3).jpeg
    images (3).jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 2
I have this kit in the stash. I also have the Italeri black snake boxing. The thing with the Italeri kit is it is NOT a C. I got the Eduard photo etch and some of the Phase hangar resin stuff they do for the HB kit. Ill adapt it to the Italeri.

All that to say, looks good!

Lol it was weird watching the doc cut into and fish around in my finger joint, because that drill bit was so tiny you couldn't see it with all the meaty bits and blood he had to basically just grasp around and keep checking they wound up getting it by magnetizing the forceps.

For reference I guess the best dimensions of this broke but was that it was roughly just under a half inch in length and the thickness of a insulin needle which I think is 32g.

I woulda left it in if it was horizontal, my body would have eventually pushed it out like a splinter but it was vertical and I couldn't tell were exactly it was.

Come to think of it I gotta by replacement bits now they came in handy for modeling
I use mine on every build. I even used ine of my smallest size to drill vent holes in the 1/48 machine gun barrels for my B-17 ball turret.

They are "handy" lol... sorry, I couldn't resist. :)

Latest posts

Back