My liddle truck

noname

I remember Scott saying something about photos part way through the build, so here is a couple. Unfortunately I had to get someone to take these for me as I am without my camera. :-\

I joined this contest a little late so I wanted to build something that didn't involve scratchbuilding. It's a nice change for me and these Revell kits ( 50 Ford Custom Truck in this case ) are usually fairly detailed. I did scratch a few engine details and used an engine out of a 32 Ford sedan with a few parts from a 40 Ford ( Amt ) to make a more stock looking engine.

HPIM4727.jpg

I have everything primed and started to paint a few things. Unfortunately I didn't test fit the engine until this morning and I had to hack up the tranny a little. Should have done that before painting. ::) Oh well....

HPIM4724.jpg

dude that engine looks killer. building the engine is always my favorite part of a scale auto build.

have a shpadoinkle day!

Thanks guys. I was going to make the engine completely rusted but decided I wanted some colour under the hood. So I painted it a typical colour for a flathead and made it look chipped and a bit rusted.

The truck is coming along nicely. I got most of the thing painted.

Shpadoinkle.....I kinda like that word.

Latest posts

Back