My First Armor build

Docbritofmf

PXL_20220927_014923532.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20220927_014928858.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20220927_014941735.PORTRAIT.jpg
This was my first attempt at building a Armor kit, and honestly so far out of everything I've ever built one of the only kits I built and was immediately happy with and didn't fuss over for weeks trying to adjust things.

The Kit was a Tamiya Walker Bulldog 1/35 and as far as the kit goes it was well made, this being my first Tamiya kit and I really wish every kit I've built had this type of quality, clean well fitting parts went together so smooth.

I painted with enamels cause they were the only earth tones I had at the time, it has a semi gloss look which makes it sharp and crisp but I wanted to try and weather it a bit.

I tried out some chipping and rusting but I don't think I had the right stuff so I only scratched the surface no pun intended.

After completing this kit I got inspired to purchase another Tamiya armor kit from my local hobby shop, I bought a Chieftain Mk.5 1/35 kit

This time I picked up some acrylics and some Vallejo rust wash a few other things I'll post some pictures next time I work on it.

Tamiya has always been well regarded for their part fit and clear instructions .
They're consistently well engineered kits .
Really the best brand to recommend to anyone just starting into plastic models IMO.

View attachment 93921View attachment 93922View attachment 93923
This was my first attempt at building a Armor kit, and honestly so far out of everything I've ever built one of the only kits I built and was immediately happy with and didn't fuss over for weeks trying to adjust things.

The Kit was a Tamiya Walker Bulldog 1/35 and as far as the kit goes it was well made, this being my first Tamiya kit and I really wish every kit I've built had this type of quality, clean well fitting parts went together so smooth.

I painted with enamels cause they were the only earth tones I had at the time, it has a semi gloss look which makes it sharp and crisp but I wanted to try and weather it a bit.

I tried out some chipping and rusting but I don't think I had the right stuff so I only scratched the surface no pun intended.

After completing this kit I got inspired to purchase another Tamiya armor kit from my local hobby shop, I bought a Chieftain Mk.5 1/35 kit

This time I picked up some acrylics and some Vallejo rust wash a few other things I'll post some pictures next time I work on it.
Really nice build. Tamiya are very good and a fair price for the quality of kit you get. Can't wait to see the next one you build and with the new paints and wash.
Pantherman

View attachment 93921View attachment 93922View attachment 93923

Nicely done, a great start aided by the superb all round start that a Tamiya kit gives as soon as you crack the box open. There are many companies that could do with taking note of Tamiya instructions and following their lead in easy to understand build notes.

A very well presented kit, your off to a great start in your chosen hobby.

Aye'
John

Nicely done, a great start aided by the superb all round start that a Tamiya kit gives as soon as you crack the box open. There are many companies that could do with taking note of Tamiya instructions and following their lead in easy to understand build notes.

A very well presented kit, your off to a great start in your chosen hobby.

Aye'
John
I wish it was my first start I built a few ships before this but at that point I was just getting back into the hobby since being a kid were I had my father for guidance and modeling wasn't as in depth of a hobby as it has become.

My ships came out ok but I learned a lot going threw the builds PXL_20220830_190715447.PORTRAIT.jpg
This wasn't the final product but near completion and my first attempt at a realistic sea scape. I actually made 5 different sea scapes and scrapped them because I wasn't happy with the ships wake or waves .

I used Woodland Scenics Surface Water Waves gel and epoxy resin to make the water under it is aluminum foil airbrushed with a few colors and Xtra thick gel medium and on top is modge podge to make the water texture that I applied over the surface of the resin and blew out with air from my air brush. The waves I sculpted with the Woodland Scenics which is a fun product to use but realistically it's better suited for making larger scale waves, they have another product that's an in between of still water and waves called water ripples that woulda probably simplified things for me but it was a learning process

Latest posts

Back