My 32 Rat

TRM

Hey guys/Gals,

Just after the Big Spring Contested ended, I got myself right into another little project. A 32 Rat rod. Plenty of chopping and some scratch stuff starting with Revell's 32 Ford Sedan.

Just a few pics bringing the build up to speed....

The kit:

1%252520001.jpg

The chop:

1%252520004.jpg

The new frame:

1%252520013.jpg

The new axle, springs and shocks:

1%252520029.jpg

New Linkage:

DSC03947.jpg

New rear axle, stabilizers and shocks:

1%252520047.jpg

Me making a mess...

1%252520046.jpg

Panhard Rod (thanks Chris...had no friggin' clue what it was called ;) )

1%252520051.jpg

Her stance when done....I hope ::)

1%252520057.jpg

TBC.... 8)

Hello again....just a few more. A little minor work to the engine. I went with the Ford Flathead from the kit...with a few adjustments. I wanted a blower for this one, but didn't have one....

1%252520068.jpg

1%252520074.jpg

Added some brake lines:

1%252520070.jpg

Back to the motor...1%252520085.jpg

Finished new pulleys:

1%252520087.jpg

TBC... ;)

Finally, bring this up to where I am now...I began throwing down some primer this morning. I have a few clean up spots but it seems to be moving alone fine...

1%252520091.jpg

1%252520093.jpg

1%252520094.jpg

1%252520089.jpg

Looking forward to getting some chrome down on the engine soon. Still have some minor touch-ups on the body as well.

Thanks for stopping by!! ;D

Thanks for the kind words guys!! ;D I was just able to shoot some of the gloss black base a little while ago....too excited to see how the chrome comes out. Haven't used the Alclad to much as of yet. The primer/filler and base both shoot awesome. Shinny stuff tomorrow!!! :eek:

Well you already know my opinions bruv................outstandingly brilliant as per usual `T`, look forward to seeing the Alclads perform buddy ;D

`Boots`

I thank you kindly Mr. Boots!!!! Still blaming you and Chris for getting me into this!!! ;D ;D

Yeah...............but ya love it really ;D

Thing is buddy.........ya took the plunge and nailed it first time out, very impressed indeed!!!, and i just know ya`ll end up popping out another at some point....LOL, it gets in the blood ya know!!!! ;)

`Boots`

Thank you XXX!! ;)

@ Boots - Let's not put the cart before the horse here....Still have plenty of time to screw something up! ::)

@ Eric - Thanks Dude!!! Killer tune to boot!!! GIRLS...CARS...ROCK N ROLL!!!! The way it was intended to be!!!! 8)

@ MMM - Thanks buddy! Not sure what I was thinking when I started this one...LOL!! Hope to have some Alcad Chrome down this afternoon....a little uncharted territory for me. Pop some pics up later! ;)

Looks good so far. I wonder what direction you will take on this. You say a Rat Rod? It will have to be rusty and goofy. If you put a nice paint job on it and some chrome I would call it a Hot Rod. Rat Rods are like the far reaching, far out branch of the Hot Rod tree. So by nature they tend to be really rusty and weathered, dirty and often far out with exaggerated proportions and odd parts etc.

Thanks noname! Rat's are a learning curve for me. They are an interesting class of vehicle, this makes it easier in the sence that anything kind of goes.....here a bit of and update:

1%252520102.jpg

1%252520107.jpg

Still have a bit to do. I actually dropped the body on it's heal the other day...opened up a joint that was fixed. I have been working on the engine too, just don't have the picks as of yet.

Thanks for swinging by...... ;)

Thanks Q! It has 3 light coats of primer, one of the dark shading, two separate base rust coats...dark lower and transitions lighter as it goes up. Still have 3 or 4 more coats for some of the "paint job" if it can be called that and then weathering I would figure. Trying something a bit different for the final...I'll even have to wait and see! ;D

Latest posts

Back