My 1/350 TOS Enterprise build

Captain Han Solo

Hey Guys!

As an original Trek fan to the core, this build was very special for me. I wanted the model to look as close to the original Filming miniature as possible, so using my vast reference library and BLU RAY disks I set out to capture the Magic of the Only Enterprise (in my humble opinion) that matters...The original.

Here are some photographs of the model. The first are pictures of the build against the preferred background for these pics. Then I had some fun adding lasers, Tholian Webs, Stars etc.

First pictures of the build as is...

ENTERPRISESIDEMYERS_zps9efa0df8.jpg

BEAUTYSIDE2MYERSBEST_zps7eeb6d6f.jpg

TOPMYERS_zpse66f38f8.jpg

EPHOTOSHOOTA_zps5f2f9295.jpg

And recreating scenes from the series with the addition of star fields, Phasers, Tholian Webs, etc...Also Grain was added to the pictures to simulate the original special effects of the series...

ENTERPRISEPHASERSMYERSBEST2_zps533650a4.jpg

THOLIANWEB5BESTMYERS_zpsc0f74eda.jpg

ENTERPRISEINORBITMYERS_zps8eaa02ac.jpg

STERN6BESTMYERS_zpsc023f79d.jpg

Hopefully my passion for the subject matter comes through here. I will be making several short videos as well In the style of the original series, however here again is the model in a short you tube video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AogW3pHg3gA

My personal 1/350 Original series Star Trek Enterprise. I removed the grid lines and sanded the upper and lower saucer smooth. Installed the round 2 lighting kit, adjusted for scale, custom mixed the hull color based on my references, Used Orbital Dry-docks paint masks instead of the kit supplied decal sheet, weathered the model to scale.

cname_zpsa24b8b8f.jpg

Sincere thanks guys!!! It was a major "pain in the you know what" to get rid of those grid lines...but well worth the effort in trying to capture the look of the original miniature!

Latest posts

Back