Multi-Verse Models 1/1000 Phobos

Talen

A little later than I wanted to post, but my primary entry this year is the Multi-Verse Models http://www.mvmodels.biz/ 1/1000 Phobos. Depending on how much time I get at the model table, I might be able to get a 2nd model into the All Open Category, but we'll see.

Here is the time stamped photo
20150322_114809_edit_1427132370538.jpg

Here are a couple of pics of the various parts

20150322_114842.jpg
20150322_115102.jpg
20150322_115148.jpg

For the aztecing question, I'm not sure yet, I'd have to find some generic 1/1000 aztecing decals or files to make them. The decals it comes with are pretty extensive already and makes a good finished product on their own.

As for condition of the kit, it is a very clean kit. Nothing warped, I think I found maybe 5 bubbles and they were extremely small a very easy to fix (mostly on the very end of the warp nacelle). There is a very minor pour stub on the front of the saucer. A few passes with some sandpaper and that will be gone. Already test fit most of the parts and there will average amount of seam filling, no more than a well done commercial kit. It ties for the best resin kit I have bought, that other kit was a 1/2500th Akira from SSM.

I used the Polar Lights decals on mine and they fit really well. I was even able to cut up the secondary hull pieces to fit the Phobos.

https://cosmosmodels.wordpress.com/2013/11/24/11000-timeslip-creations-uss-phobos/

I did think about that, but the only PL decals I have are for my unbuilt Refit and I want to use them on that kit.

Not sure if they sell the sheets separately anymore, and if they do they are probably the same price as the new Reliant ones and I don't have the free pennies at the moment for them. Though things may change within the next 3 months so not taking any option off the table yet.

Talen said:
I did think about that, but the only PL decals I have are for my unbuilt Refit and I want to use them on that kit.

Not sure if they sell the sheets separately anymore, and if they do they are probably the same price as the new Reliant ones and I don't have the free pennies at the moment for them. Though things may change within the next 3 months so not taking any option off the table yet.

they do sell them separately but you could also get the acreation sheets, which have more of that multi-colored paneling effect

A little progress last night, but no pictures.

Last night I worked mainly on just general clean up and prep for primer. Gonna try to get what few areas that need some filler puttied up tonight, maybe even get a sub-assembly or 2 put together.

Weekend was a total bust, never made to the desk. Was able to get some work done last night. Attached the B/C deck to the primary hull, added the lower sensor array and joined the primary and secondary hulls, then puttied up the seams left, plus a couple of bubble that I found.

Gonna try to sand the seams and get some pictures tonight.

Two nights in a row I've worked on the model..I'm on a roll. A little more gluing, I glued the nacelle struts on and more puttying and sanding.

Here are a couple pictures before I glued on the struts.

20150331_210135.jpg
20150331_210054.jpg

..and there was primer..but no pictures tonight, its drying right now, hopefully some tomorrow

No work tonight, the primer still has just a faint feel of tackiness to it so I'm going to give it another 24hrs or so to dry.

Looks like just a small bit of touch up sanding then I can start worrying about base coat.

Here are a few pictures

20150409_200835.jpg
20150409_200846.jpg
20150409_200914.jpg
20150409_200928.jpg

Latest posts

Back