Muddy StuG III Ausf G

MaschinenKrueger

You want MaK with that?
Using this as inspiration:

muddy_stug_ref.jpg

I've been working on this for the last couple of weeks.

Pink Foam Mock Up.

zimm_stug3_05.jpg

I'm waiting on more Voyager parts to details out the roof and misc hardware.

zimm_stug3_01.jpg

The stowage is a mix of what ever I had. BlackDog resin, Tasca fuel cans, styrene, and epoxy.

zimm_stug3_02.jpg

The kit zimm was OK but the seam lines on the upper front armor had a nasty seam that needed filling. I created a small tool to match the pattern, patched it up as best I could and then covered it with a tarp.

zimm_stug3_03.jpg

zimm_stug3_04.jpg

Still in progress are the tow cables and misc hardware. Realized now I need to add the zimm to the rear lower hull. I also think there is an additional box on top of the larger box. Or, the box has a weid shape.

Comments or knowledge about this vehicle appreciated. I'd like to date this a little better. Early Winter 44?

Man that looks spot on to me, love the tarp. How did you do it if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks. The tarp well, you win some you loose some. The last time I tried to make a green stuff tarp it was terrible and looked out of scale. This time I tried to make one out of tissue but that didn't look good and I didn't have enough Aves left, so I was forced to use the GS again. I rolled it out as thin as possible cut to size and loosely draped it over the top. I then started working it over with a small brush and then clay shapers. Total rolling and sculpting time was about 1.5hours. I worked on it until I was too tired and had to go to bed.

Ya the tarp turned out great. I need to try this technique out one of these days.

Looks fantastic and like others have mentioned, that tarp is very realistic indeed!

Outstanding build all around. is that wheel with no Rubber a resin one or did you remove the rubber ?

Thanks..

spud said:
Outstanding build all around. is that wheel with no Rubber a resin one or did you remove the rubber ?

Resin one. Not the voyager one though, the other set. It has an unusually large pour stub which requires careful cleanup and proper alignment to make sure the stump is on the bottom.

Are there any PzIII wheels without the armored hubcap and the bolt hole detail.

OK. Some progress. The weather has not been cooperating around here but I have been able to squeeze in some time to get some paint on this.
BTW - Tamiya airbrushes just fine at 3C.

White wash has been achieved with the HS technique and then some mapping with acrylics. Some of the contrast was lost with the following filter but I'll bring some of that back up after the wash.

ms_01.jpg

ms_02.jpg

ms_03.jpg

ms_04.jpg

Man, white is difficult to photograph.

Stunning work.

Exactly the way a StuG should be, piled high with equipment and covered in filth.

Latest posts

Back