Movies

before the snapper there was a tv series of it here in ireland and it was class

as for my favs

Kellys heroes and the great escape

Yesterday I watched two classic WW2 films; Hell is for Heroes & Bridge on the River Kwai, I liked the latter, very well produced and directed with a superb storyline and strong acting performances to back it up. Especially for 1957! :eek:

"B L A D E R U N N E R".....and that's all I gotta say 'bout that!
;)
Of course there are tons of other great films that I love.
"Moon" is a great REAL sci-fi movie. Another good one is "Sun Shine". And another classic that spawned bajillions of copies...."ALIEN".
"Bridge on the River Kwai" of course is a classic....I mean what can you say about a movie that had Alec Guinness and won 7 Oscars!...
Anywho, don't get me started on movies......too late.
;D ;D ;D

DXM said:
Scott Girvan said:
Hey,
I just got done watching a movie called CONVICTION. Stars Hillary Swank.
Don't want to give it all away but man, WHAT A STORY. True story too.

It just blows my mind - such love.

Saturday night, watched BATTLEFIELD EARTH
It just blew chunks - Such #$&@$ ;D

Well it wasn't that bad, just John Revolta's acting was a little over the top.

Battlefield earth is a GOOD movie. I know its the but-end of a lot of jokes, and is considered the worst movie all time..but i think its mostly from people who have not seen it. There is some Laughable scenes..but i think it was made that way on purpose to be entertaining.
I think a lot of the bad rap comes from John Travoltas and Forest Whitakers Unusual acting in the film, and from the fact that the story was written ny L. Ron. Hubbard..., I happen to be a big fan of his writing.

whiskee said:
DXM said:
Scott Girvan said:
Hey,
I just got done watching a movie called CONVICTION. Stars Hillary Swank.
Don't want to give it all away but man, WHAT A STORY. True story too.

It just blows my mind - such love.

Saturday night, watched BATTLEFIELD EARTH
It just blew chunks - Such #$&@$ ;D

Well it wasn't that bad, just John Revolta's acting was a little over the top.

Battlefield earth is a GOOD movie. I know its the but-end of a lot of jokes, and is considered the worst movie all time..but i think its mostly from people who have not seen it. There is some Laughable scenes..but i think it was made that way on purpose to be entertaining.
I think a lot of the bad rap comes from John Travoltas and Forest Whitakers Unusual acting in the film, and from the fact that the story was written ny L. Ron. Hubbard..., I happen to be a big fan of his writing.

L. Ron Hubbard was a good writer. Too bad he was broke and decided to start a religion to pay the bills.....

Has anyone seen the tank movie "the beast" its set during the afghan/russian war and is my favorite tank movie. Its also a fantastic story

whiskee said:
Has anyone seen the tank movie "the beast" its set during the afghan/russian war and is my favorite tank movie. Its also a fantastic story
Yeah, I lied it so much I bought the DVD when I found it!
I like when the guy started drinking the brake fluid!
:)

Back