Movies and Modelling!!!

letsgobrowns82

Well I have about seven hours of free time by myself to model CRAZY!!! Anyways I'm a huge "movie re-watcher" for lack of a better term and was wondering how many of you put on movies as background noise while modelling and what they are. Personally I'm a huge "Big Lebowski" fan. That movie is awesome and I play it all the time on my computer while building. Then I would say Star Wars IV, V, and VI. Lastly I love to put on youtube vids by some of you guys, Schweinhund227, SMA, The Painting Clinic, and Scale Model Medic just to name a few. So thats it I'm going to be up for a while and thought I'd start a thread and throw this out there.

I'll listen to music while modeling, but I never watch anything. It's too hard to focus on both.

Lately, I been listening to Old Time Radio Shows, like Dragnet, Jean Sheperd, And Johnny Dollar to name a few.

-Steven

Captain Brown Sir
letsgobrowns82 said:
Then I would say Star Wars IV, V, and VI. Lastly I love to put on youtube vids by some of you guys, Schweinhund227, SMA, The Painting Clinic, and Scale Model Medic just to name a few.

I'm the same as you buddy, lots of 'u-tub' tutorials, other things i watch include old special effects documentarys, usually about Star Wars or ILM. This is very old school but NO cgi, this was when models ruled space ? :D

horizon How to film the impossible 1 of 5

If you like watching the Original Star Wars Trilogy you must give this guy a try?

http://vimeo.com/user5888890/videos

Very cool way of presenting a documentary 8)

And if you were not such a fan of the prequels then this site is a must. Very funny ;D

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-1-the-phantom-menace/

And, of course Master Girvan's videos on random play, always a favourite. ;D

Enjoy.

Gag

I'll have the radio on, I listen to a lot of talk radio and baseball games (baseball is better on the radio than on TV). I don't have a TV anywhere near my bench, which is in the cellar.

Nylon Gag, Awesome vid you posted. I will have to check some more of those out on youtube. Oh how did we ever live without youtube!

When I'm at the bench the little stero I have down there I get ONE and only ONE station that will tune in ha ha. So I get to listen to a station that is about fourty minutes from me lol. Isnt that Ironic, the station that is closest to me doesnt come in but a station that is fourty minutes away does lol. Least they play some decent music and gives me something to listen too haha

Nice Hooterville, I hear ya. I cant get any stations in my basement. Thankfully my computer is right on my model work bench though so I have access to all my movies and youtube vids!

I also watch a ton of movies over and over again. I prefer to watch lots of DVD TV Series like Seinfeld, 30 Rock, Frasier, Mythbusters, How It's Made. I stream most everything I can now through my computer hooked up to my tv mounted on teh wall above the bench. Since, I've seen most of everything I tend not to look up too much and it provides lost of background noise :) I've always been big on some kind of interference in the background, but music always seems to distract me FAAAAARRRRRR more than Movies / TV

All right TBadger, so I'm not the only one. My wife thinks I'm crazy because I can watch the same movie over and over. Like you though I pretty much just listen to them because I have seen them so much I can see it in my head if I'm listening.

I've driven my wife to near violence watching the same movie over and over

My go-to movie is Aliens. Can't get enough of it. What awesome models and fx for the era!

I listen to a lot of music, metal, blues, electronica, country mainly. Also stream a lot of YouTube and movies to my iPad, which I keep on my workbench. Sometimes I listen to audiobooks, which lend themselves quite well to our hobby, I've found.

Latest posts

Back