'Mortis' - HG Ginn rebuild (gundam)

Beork

I should post here more often, but then I don't post much anywhere at all ;P

I entered the European Gunpla Cup over at the MACforums.

Other entries here:
http://boards.themacforums.com/forum/3007974/

100_0856.jpg
100_0848-2.jpg

I wanted to finish another robot for the competition, but I needed to much time and extra bits I don't have the money for yet...
So I started with the next kit in line, an incomplete HG Ginn (insurgent or mobile or whatever). It missed the back of the torso and the backpack/wings.
I used an orange torso part (I think from a GM) to complete the torso, and decided the model needed beefing.
So the legs were enlarged with ~2mm spacers (I didn't measure ;P) and the torso with a HG Dom torso and bacpack.
I also added an extra thruster assembly on each leg to add just a bit more mass. arms and shoulderpads are also from the HG Dom. The Ginn arms were just to feeble.
I barely manage to finish this in time, too much to do on the model and too little time because of work and kids...
Because I didn't have the time I didn't do any panel lining, weathering or adding warning decals, maybe later.. But I don't think so.

I don't like the paintjob too much, but my wife does, so it works out ;P
After painting him I thought a darker colour would be more fitting... too late I guess.
I also never finished his heavy weapon,but I'll add it in the near future.

Pre paint:100_0825.jpg
100_0828.jpg

More (and larger) pictures in my photobucket for those interested:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v331/brother_beork/Heavy%20Ginn%20Ver%20Be%20Mortis%20Custom/?start=all

It doesn't look much like a Gundam! It looks more like something one of the wargamers would make.

Haha, indeed Sunsanvil!

Thought I do not know much about the whole Gundam universe, there are two very distinct type of mobile suits (mechas) in the series:
- Gundam and friends (mostly know as gundam + extra name, like Gundam Saviour, Gundam mkII or Gundam Fred ;P )
- Zeon/evil side. These are more rounded and stlish ;P

The Ginn and Dom (which donated the largest parts of this model) are both evil side suits.

Oh, and I'm a wargamer too, so Grendels analysis could be partly correct ;P

Great kitbash of a Very modified Ginn :D

How much time did you spend on it ?

Latest posts

Back