more airbrushing troubles

Water in the airbrush is only a concern if you are using Enamel or Lacquer paints.

If you are running acrylics...the water is just going to mix in with the paint, and do no harm other than thin an acrylic out slightly more.

It can build, and become troublesome just as originally described in MrNaturals' first post. Since the two don't mix it can cause the same symptoms

Yeah, but MrN didn't say that, he was only comparing the sputtering paint come out of the airbrush to sputtering water coming out of a kinked garden hose....(I don't see how it is so hard to understand this).

If, there was a water problem that was causing sputtering in the airbrush, it would do the same to both airbrushes and not just the one, as the water build up will usually happen in the lowest part of the air system, which most cases means in a section of hose that is the lowest point, therefore if it was a water problem, it would have happened with both airbrushes.

If you are running acrylics...the water is just going to mix in with the paint, and do no harm other than thin an acrylic out slightly more.

Simply not true ...The paint & air only come in contact with each other at the tip meaning the water cannot mix properly with the paint and will affect the paint finish ,usually leaving lighter coloured spots in your finish .

If, there was a water problem that was causing sputtering in the airbrush, it would do the same to both airbrushes and not just the one, as the water build up will usually happen in the lowest part of the air system, which most cases means in a section of hose that is the lowest point, therefore if it was a water problem, it would have happened with both airbrushes.

Again ...Not quite correct ,this depends on the internals of the AB/Spray gun ,some have larger airways and will blow water out with no trouble ,but again makes a mess of your finish ,some cant handle the water and simply wont work with any kind of moisture . At the end of the day ,for all the price of a water trap /or filter why live with water problems at all ? ....Not saying this is the members problem ,just making a point :)

Chris.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Yeah, but MrN didn't say that, he was only comparing the sputtering paint come out of the airbrush to sputtering water coming out of a kinked garden hose....(I don't see how it is so hard to understand this).
I understand it, I just don't know why you can't seem to respect other members here. ??? I read what he said, but that doesn't require a nasty undertone from you, or anyone else here! There are all kinds of problems that can be caused by faulty airbrushes, or equipment made for airbrush use. I was only trying to suggest something that would help - not start a pissing match! I'm done here. :-[ I guess MY opinion, and experience don't count here since my post count is so low.

Little Cutie said:
Elm City Hobbies said:
I understand it, I just don't know why you can't seem to respect other members here. ??? I read what he said, but that doesn't require a nasty undertone from you, or anyone else here! There are all kinds of problems that can be caused by faulty airbrushes, or equipment made for airbrush use. I was only trying to suggest something that would help - not start a pissing match! I'm done here. :-[ I guess MY opinion, and experience don't count here since my post count is so low.

::)

Latest posts

Back