Moebius Black Widow--Custom

Thanks, guys.

@fumblethumbs,
It came to me right after the toothbrush bit failed.

And I still need to build her collar and fix the trim on her suit before I can think much about paint

Thanks, John.
Latest updates on the Black Widow. We're in sight of the Paint line now.

Started working up the final details that needed replacing from what would have been under the kit hair.
Glued strings of fishing line down to replace the suit seams going up and over her shoulder, then treimmed them to the right length (More or less)
moebius-widow-24.jpg
moebius-widow-25.jpg

Then, win Aves Apoxie Sculpt, I went in and sculpted the rest of her suit's collar.
moebius-widow-26.jpg
moebius-widow-27.jpg

After finishing the sculpt, I went back in and added "wrinkles" to better simulate the collar as it would lay on the suit.
moebius-widow-28.jpg

Final assembly of the full figure.
moebius-widow-29.jpg
moebius-widow-30.jpg

Now, she just needs paint and a couple of small markings.

Youtube link:
Moebius-Black Widow Custom-Part 5

Movin' right along. The hair looks great! Can't wait to see more.

Looking great Q!!! Really thinking of grabbing one of these one of these days!! ;)

WOW !! Sorry Q ,I missed the start on this one ::) Thats a cool looking figure :) great work on the hair and collar ,this is going to look nice in paint .

Chris.

Hey Q. Cool build & re-sculpt of her hair. Looking forward to the paint.

Nice work Q. As I said over on Youtube, it took a lot of guts to mod up this nice kit the way you have done. She's looking fantastic! And I thought nonames Merc build over in Automotive had "junk in the trunk"! I gotta get one of these.

Hi Quaralane,

great job so far mate,

very nice sculpting looks top notch

cant wait to see how she paints up,

cheers

Shane

Thanks for the compliments on my sculpting.
To be honest, I have more than a couple of projects that will need some, so I'm glad this has turned out as well as it has.

@merseajohn,
May not be my 'forte,' but I do think I'm getting better at it. ;)

Hey Q, nice job on the sculpting. Before you know it you'll be sculpting figures from scratch.
Look forward to the next installment.

I know it's been awhile, but here's the latest update on the Widow.

Got the first coats of paint on her.
Started with an overall coat of grey primer, followr by a coat of slightly darker grey
moebius-widow-31.jpg
moebius-widow-32.jpg

Then, after masking off her collar, I gave her head and hands a coat of white to make it easier to wokr with the lighter colors of her hair and skin.
moebius-widow-33.jpg

Her skin was given a coat of "Noble Flesh" from the old Ral Partha paint line
moebius-widow-34.jpg

Her hair got a base coat of "Engine Red" acrylic paint
moebius-widow-35.jpg

Gave her hair a wash of fairly dark brown.
I tried to do the same with her skin, but it looked too dark. So, I wound up basically repainting the skin on her face
moebius-widow-36.jpg

Drybrushed her hair with a yellow-orange to bring out some highlights
moebius-widow-37.jpg

Gave her skin a reddish wash. (This, again, turned out almost too dark)
moebius-widow-38.jpg

Gave thge skin several drybrushes of the Noble flesh to bring back the color I wanted for her skin.
Also added a yellow drybrush to the hair and picked the eyes back out in white.
moebius-widow-39.jpg

Youtube link:
Moebius-Black Widow Custom-Part 6

Nice update on the build progress Q. Despite some time constraints, you've really managed to bring this project along. I think you're going to end up with a great looking and original piece. Love the short hair, and that suit...It looks like it's painted on ;D Great job so far Q!

And, with today's update, she's finished.

Painted in the boots, gauntlets, gloves, belts and collar with a darker grey.
Then I picked out some of the metallic bits, like buckles, gauntlets, and gun in dark metallic blue
moebius-widow-40.jpg

Did one more touchup on her face skin
Painted in her lips with red and redid her eyebrows
Gave her green eyes, then lined her lashes with a fine tip Sharpie pen
moebius-widow-41.jpg

Made decals for the "Widow" emblem on her chest and for the "SHIELD" logos for her shoulders and printed them onto clear decal film.
moebius-widow-42.jpg

The darker grey parts of the model were all given a black wash to help bring out detail.
There are flaws in her left shoulder from the paint peeling up when I removed the masking I'd used in painting her head, but I opted to leave it as "wear" or "damage" to the suit.

After giving the model an overall semigloss sealer, I went back in and gave her skin and hair a coat of matte finish.
I then went back and gave her lips and eyes a coat of gloss to give them more "life"
Lastyl, I applied the decals.

For the base, I gave it a base coat of black, followed by a light random dusting with white.
This was then given two coats of semigloss and a coat of Future.
At this point, she's done.
Pics of the completed model:
moebius-widow-43.jpg
moebius-widow-44.jpg
moebius-widow-45.jpg
moebius-widow-46.jpg

Closeups showing off her new haircut and makeup.
moebius-widow-47.jpg
moebius-widow-48.jpg
moebius-widow-49.jpg

Youtube link:
Moebius-Black Widow Custom-Part 07-Finale

Latest posts

Back