Modern Armor - Any more MRAP's coming out in Styrene

adampolo13

Okay fellas,

I'm on a modern armor kick!!! M1070, M1A2 Abrams Tusk II, Strykers, M-ATV, Humvee, Bradley, Bufallo...

I want more...

Is there any news on any more MRAP's coming out. We got the Buffalo and the M-ATV but what bout the Maxx prc etc. The Cougars....

I'm having a hell of a time finding any reliable info on the web.

Scott, what you hearing from your distributors???

adampolo13 said:
but what bout the Maxx prc etc.

I think there is a Legend (resin) one and Riich models announced one as well:

58c68e37a3c4d2b9c3f7eb07ef4b7ec9_1.jpg

Maybe my search skills are lacking but I haven't been able to find a solid release date for the Riich kit, although it does look pretty sweet...

It's basically Bronco models IIRC.

...and yeah, they announced it and said it should be out by the end of 2012 on facebook but I haven't seen it yet.

Blame the Mayans.

Yeah, Riich has the MaxxPro coming.....the Legend one I believe is already out, but it is north of $150, and all resin, which isn't so bad if that is your thing.....still pricey though.

No idea on a release date for the Riich kit, and btw, as Ken said, Riich=Bronco, so expect the over engineering, detail and parts count you would see on a Bronco kit.

rv%2035001%20package.jpg

At about the same time Riich announced their MaxxPro, Kinetic also announced that they were also doing one. I have only seen one CAD drawing of it, so I don't know if they are going to continue with it or not...haven't heard anything else.

Sticking with Kinetic, they have the RG-31 Nyala coming in the new year....my supplier says January sometime.

..%5Csi%5CProductFiles%5Ckin61012.jpg

Other than that.....all I have heard.

the Maxx thingy is So cool looking. i hope its close to the detail of the Legend one

adampolo13 said:
Scott can I pre-order both kits now please. :p

I have zero info on the Riich kit, but once I do, it will be up on the usual list in my section.

The RG-31 is up on my website for Pre-Order now, so have at it!

I know I will be having one of the RG-31s for myself, as the Canadian Armed Forces used them as well.

Couple of photos of some Canuck ones:

6195.jpg

AR2011-0051-018.jpg

1rg31stanimg294274746.jpg

1rg31stanimg294274741.jpg

1rg31stanimg294274742.jpg

The US ones are slightly different, they mostly opted for a turret, similar to what you see on the roof of a Humvee, or MRAP.

Also a very cool US version with full slat and the Spark roller set.

AR20110050061.jpg

That would be sweet to build, though, I wouldn't want to mess with PE slat armor.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Probably more the size of a Humvee actually, M-ATV is quite a bit bigger....those things are deceivingly big!

I ask because I hate those dang rubber wheels... Of course now that I bought resin wheels for the HET I want them for everything.... The model companies got a sucker in me! Haha

The other thing, ECH, are you getting the 1st batch of the RG-31? Looks like they are going to include a roadblock set???

adampolo13 said:
Elm City Hobbies said:
Probably more the size of a Humvee actually, M-ATV is quite a bit bigger....those things are deceivingly big!

I ask because I hate those dang rubber wheels... Of course now that I bought resin wheels for the HET I want them for everything.... The model companies got a sucker in me! Haha

The other thing, ECH, are you getting the 1st batch of the RG-31? Looks like they are going to include a roadblock set???

Getting whatever my supplier gets, but I assume so. First batch actually comes with:

mb3591.jpg

and

_si_ProductFiles_jwm4002.jpg

Scott,

The Kinetic RG-31 contains both of those kits with it???? You have to be f'ing kidding me!!!!

Now I'm even more excited I pre-ordered!!!

Now all I need are some of the resin wheels that Spud hates so much!!! hahaha

wow wow wow. i never said i hate resin wheels. i just don't fancy the def models ones :) big difference ;D

Latest posts

Back