Millenium Falcon Measurement and New Guy wants to say Hello

Constantine

Hello Everyone,

Hello,

New to this site, but I have been looking around for the last few days and like what I see. I have been back to modeling in the last 12 years or so since I was a kid in the 70's. And thanks to the internet and sites like this I have learned alot. I just about finished with our new hobby room and will post some pics soon of it. I am also not too far from our Canadian neighbors here in northern MN, winter is such a good time to build models.

I am doing some research on the MPC falcon and have came across some excellent modifications by builders like, John Martin, Jaitea, Haystack Hair, and others.

I have the 1/72 FM MF and plan to make that as movie authentic as possible, but my goal for the MPC is different.

I really admire and have been inspired by you guys who did some radical surgery on the MPC kit, it looks like so much fun and a challenge. Sometime I think poor kits can improve a builders skills better than a good one.

So I want to repeat what I have seen so I can learn and do for myself. I also want this MPC build to be a newer looking falcon. And change some of the details quite a bit. But I want to keep to the basic measurements. And I am confused on one.

On this thread - Help with the sidewalls http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/SMF/index.php?topic=4662.0#

Jaitea has kindly listed many of the necessary measurement to improve the MPC kit. I am confused though on the length of the canopy as, (length 28.14). I am assuming he means mm, but even with that the length of the canopy /cone seems really small with that. Can anyone give me some insight with that.

Thanks guys for documented your work so well, it fun to see how people work and solve building issues.

Thanks

Welcome Constantine

I'll do some measuring up for you when I get home,......before you start hacking, I've got some new ideas for the MPC

John

Hey Jaitea

I just got my MPC Falcon in the mail today. I measured the length of the cockpit and the listed measurement is correct.

I pretty much know where I am going with this model, but any thoughts or suggestions would be more than welcome.

The hardest thing will be reworking the canopy for the cockpit. I've got a few ideas of how to go about it, but overall it looks like it will be a bit of a pain to get done.

I think my first attempt will be just to put very thin styrene over the existing cockpit and go from there.

I have e-mailed Tony at Shapways and informed him as to a larger version to the dimensions I am looking for so I may even buy one from him if all else fails.

Right.....the measurement I have for the diameter of the tube is 43mm

Sorry I haven't got back to you sooner

,......the other wee plan I've got for the MPC is gonna be posted over at my thread in a couple of minutes:
http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/SMF/index.php/topic,4312.405.html

J

Latest posts

Back