Mid-Build GBs

schweinhund227

Why not open the Group Built to peoples that have kits that fits the BILL !!! but are
started or almost finished BUT in hiatus ! Sometimes a deadline or sense of purpose can spike
the interest back up and finishing a Kits that otherwise could end up in the garbage ! is also gratifying !

We are not all in this to win funny Money ! I know I am not alone in this Situation ! I have boxes filled with started projects that just Ran Dry !!!

We could enter as "Participant" and not as "Contestant" ! with the same goal to FILL your G.B. with interesting models which can inspire others to do the same !!! and still have something to share ?
I don't know about you but starting a fresh kit each time I wanna join a build.... is Taxing on my Long list of kits to do !!! of course.. I don't have to jump in the G.B. !!! if I can't live with the rules...

But I wanted to bring this up !!! Not all group build should be run like a CONTEST !!!

I'll find something to build (Fresh) if I have to ! but would love a chance at showing or entering other models that I wish I had the guts to move off the assembly line !!!

Let us Know !

schweinhund227 said:
Why not open the Group Built to peoples that have kits that fits the BILL !!! but are
started or almost finished BUT in hiatus ! Sometimes a deadline or sense of purpose can spike
the interest back up and finishing a Kits that otherwise could end up in the garbage ! is also gratifying !

We are not all in this to win funny Money ! I know I am not alone in this Situation ! I have boxes filled with started projects that just Ran Dry !!!

This isn't about winning. The "door prizes" is just really there for fun and encourage people to finish their entries. :)

But the purpose for this group build (and most) is to start together, build together and finish together within the given time frame, otherwise, why even have a structure to it? If that's the case people can just post their build up in the work in progresses forums and share that way.

You can run/jog alone or with a couple of friends in a park but sometimes, it's fun to join up with a mass of people for a marathon.

It's not to say also though, we can't start a GB called "Finish your build" just for the purpose of having people finish what they started! :)

schweinhund227 said:
I'll find something to build (Fresh) if I have to ! but would love a chance at showing or entering other models that I wish I had the guts to move off the assembly line !!!

Let us Know !

Ya know, let me talk with the staffer about it. I always assumed GBs are about starting up fresh together and finishing together.

I could be completely wrong as my group build experience comes from the BOB and joining and watching how GBs work over at Promodellers. :)

I'll get back to ya.

Thank you for checking! Your points are clear and true! I can always post my or our stuff, if I am talking for others?? To the normal sections of the forum. Sometimes, models will never see the finish line... Unless resurrected with a purpose. Later!

schweinhund227 said:
Thank you for checking! Your points are clear and true! I can always post my or our stuff, if I am talking for others?? To the normal sections of the forum. Sometimes, models will never see the finish line... Unless resurrected with a purpose. Later!

Meh, we're still talking about it in the staff forums :) I really have no problems with it but again, it's about keeping the dynamics of the GB but we ALSO want to try and include as many people as we can and just have fun. :)

First: I realize I was off topic! Maybe like you mentioned, We should start a Resurrection group build! Not now!!! Please, there are too many GB already !

That way, any unfinished model could enter, After all, the goal is completion!

I don't want to drag this GB any further from the intended topic.... So, I'll find something to build cuz I like the subject title. Thanks for checking ! It was worth a try!

Now back to your regular programming.

Hey Norm and all.

We've discussed this at length and have decided to keep these Group Builds for new projects. Keeps everyone on the same page. These GB are all about having fun, participating and helping everyone see it through. Started out on the same page is the best way to ensure that will happen.

In the future we will have Group Builds that are all about finishing projects that are semi complete. Look for those in the future of SMA.

Now, I have to go decide which tank to enter in this. Have fun and happy modeling.

schweinhund227 said:
First: I realize I was off topic! Maybe like you mentioned, We should start a Resurrection group build! Not now!!! Please, there are too many GB already !

That way, any unfinished model could enter, After all, the goal is completion!

Hey! Never know until you ask right? :) But we will be starting a regular consistent UFO build. I need to get information from other members about it a bit more. So I'll be split the last few post into a new topic in the SMA discussion forum :)

Jingles said:
Um... I'm not sure if I understand.

I mean, I understand the concept but surely the entire forum is one big Mid-Build GB.

People come and go when they want, start at different times, post pictures of their work and get no prizes, that's a forum, right?

Yeh that's what I was thinking at first too. But there is one difference in having a GB for this and that has to do with what happens to the completed entries for this at the end of the year (it's a secret right now) ;)

But if it's a mid-build GB then there's gotta be a point where it doesn't count. Like, it still have to be in the construction phase? or at the most it can be at the "basecoat" stage? It's be silly to enter a build into a group build where all you have left is to glue a missile to the wing.

A group build like this would be also to encourage people to finish what's on their desk. I'm still thinking this through a bit and then hash it out more. I just wanna know what other members think as well if we did a consistent GB like this.

It'd be short... like 2 or 3 week to finish your model. Then a week or two, pause and we start up another.

Latest posts

Back