MGS Gekko - AKA thanks Java!

S

ScaleModelMadman

Well, this will be my first sci-fi type build thread here on site (although I don't know if it belongs here in sci-fi?) and what better topic to do that with than a gift from a fellow member here on SMA.

Last year in the 'big spring contest' I won a couple of categories and felt since I didn't need two new airbrushes I would give one away to the build in that contest that I liked the most but didn't place. That entry was Java's scratch built Gekko, so he received the other Badger airbrush that I had won.

He was so appreciative that he not only scratch built another for me but paid to ship it across the ocean to my house. I was amazed at the size of this thing when it arrived, much bigger than I thought. A few parts broke off during it's long trip overseas but I think I managed to put them all back where they belong.

I'm not sure of the exact scheme I will do (most likely my own made up paint job, not something from the video game) but it will be a blast none the less. So, a big thanks to 'Java' for this awesome gift and I hope you will enjoy where I take this.

;D

GEKKO1.jpg

GEKKO2.jpg

Cool stuff Ken! And yes, this is the right spot for that 81% armored fictitious biped you have there.

Great kit. By the way where can you get it?? It will be a big pitty if Java didn't make copies of it.
Cheers

Biskup said:
Great kit. By the way where can you get it?? It will be a big pitty if Java didn't make copies of it.
Cheers

I don't know of any available kits of this thing. Considering this is all scratch built and not a resin copy, I'd have to venture a guess that he didn't make copies.

8)

*Which makes it all the more special to me if you're readin' Java!

HWR MKII said:
I am working on mastering one of these in 1/72 scale.

Cool.

If you need someone to cast for you talk to this gentleman:

http://www.celticwerks.net/

His name is Steve and is in my local club and he is super talented. A member here named 'Scratchmod' just did a set of masters for him.

I'd buy a few 1/72 scale Gekkos.

Gone for a day and you have awesome scratch built models like this on the forum ;) :D

It's a pleasure Ken and thank you for the airbrush it's very kind of you.
Looking forward to seeing you work your magic on it. ;D

Cheers

Yeah ken's right,i have only built two and i don't have any time or enough funds to get any cast, sorry biskup :-\

What no tracks :-\ :'(

Looks pretty cool Ken. I used to build some scifi when I was a kid, might have to have a go at one again. Oh yes, rusted of course ;D

scratchmod

Latest posts

Back