MG Kampfer

VERY EXCITED for this one, still haven't figured out exactly how i want to do the paint yet

[attachment deleted by admin]

Another fine addition to the GB!! Bring on the building!!! ;D

no, as far as i am aware there isn't a 2.0 for this kit. The box looks different though because this is the 30th anniversary addition so it comes with optional clear parts

greyphantom1000 said:
no, as far as i am aware there isn't a 2.0 for this kit. The box looks different though because this is the 30th anniversary addition so it comes with optional clear parts

you know what, you're right, I was thinking of the Gouf

That is a seriously awesome mech/mobile suit.
He is armed for bear, and just has a plain ol' butt-kick design!
I have a couple but haven't built any yet! I say go for the factory new met. blue!
;D ;D ;D ;D

ModelMakerMike said:
That is a seriously awesome mech/mobile suit.
He is armed for bear, and just has a plain ol' butt-kick design!
I have a couple but haven't built any yet! I say go for the factory new met. blue!
;D ;D ;D ;D

ive neve done it before. would i do alclad then clear blue?

Well.... since I don't have a compressor for my NEW airbrush! (Thanx guys b.t.w.) I use either metallic spray paint from Rustoleum, OR you can get a kewl effect with either "X-Metals" or Stain Glass spray paint from Krylon.
Just lay down a coat of Metallic silver. You want it to have Flakes in it. Let that dry, and then shoot the blue over it. :)

Well, i buy Rustoleum in the cans and thin it out with paint thinner and spray that out of my air brush. i have there silver/aluminum color. and i have clear blue. does it matter if rustoleum is enamal and the clear blue is acrylic?

That shouldn't matter, and is probably better that they are different types.
HOWEVER, I would strongly suggest testing it on some random plastic. ;)

sounds like a plan. that is a ways off though i think. ive got the gm custom built and am going to start the mods soon and paint and then will focus on this guy. but id like to get it put together within the week

Finally had some time to take some pics! Nothing much but here's the contents of the box. You will see some clear parts on the first pic- this is a special edition for this kit so it has them but i will not be using them

photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

Is it painted ?

I think it looks good.

There's nothing to be ashamed of... Plus If you fell like it, just weathed it with the new "shade" line from GWS, or their now extinct washes... Some badab black and chestnut ink, and you'll obtain a new Kampfer. :)

Latest posts

Back