Merseajohn's Republic Gunship Entry

JohnSimmons

For Spud: I was once Merseajohn
Hey guys, soooo much awsome stuff turning up allready. I'm really excited about this contest its going to be a lot of fun. Heres my contest entry, its the 1.72 (ish) Revell snap tight kit of the Republic Gunship.
IMG_0303.jpg
Its not a bad kit, very simple but gives me a chance to get it REAL dirty and banged up! ;) I may try and print my own decals but I'm terrible at at that sort of thing so I'll just have to see how it plans out! :-\

Yeah, this kit requires some corrections, but it is really a very nice one. Would be very interesting to see what it's going to turn into ;)

OMG OMG OMG. I want that kit. Sweet!

What corrections have to be made? That's my next build!!!

Myke said:
What corrections have to be made? That's my next build!!!
Well, as for me first things I'd get rid of what Revell call weathering. It is really..errr.. let's say "overdone" on their Clone Wars kits. You can decide to repaint the whole vehicle, but I've found on mine that those streaks are easily disapplied with Revell airbrush line thinner.
Besides, their are lots of areas in this kit (the cockpit, side doors, rocket holdings, laser spheres on the wings) You can add details to, in order to make em mre like on the 3D-model from the films and less toyish.
That's just my opinion. But still I think that the vehicles from the firs season of the show are too much simplified in comparacent to their analogues from the movies. Still it doesn't make this kit less cool (not to mention it is the only republic LAAT kit except the tiny 4cm-long revell's minikit)

Yup its going to get a makeover for sure! Here are the parts cut from the sprue.
IMG_0312.jpg
IMG_0311.jpg
IMG_0310.jpg
IMG_0309.jpg
IMG_0313.jpg

Star Wars FTW W00T W00T W00T!!!!!!!!! Lol, this is a real chance to get down and dirty with your model! Have fun with the decals!

I'v had a little hiatus from modeling, we've had some really nice weather here the last month or so and I really didnt feel like being stuck indoors modeling, but I'v still kept up visiting the site and looking at the fantastic builds coming along and its given me a real boost so here is a little update:
IMG_1326.jpg
IMG_1327.jpg

Some good potential there. I'd like to build one of these so I'm keen to see how yours comes along.

Hells Yeah ! I really Dig that nose Art !! The Weathering is Awesome !! Keep on it Red Leader !! Those Clone Troopers are really gonna make this PoP when it's all said & Done !!

Thanks for the kind words guys. I really enjoyed doing the nose art, I was going to use a decal but there wasnt any refrence pics and if I was going to paint it on the computer I might aswell just paint it on the model!
Heres another update, Ive added the markings of the 'tiger shark' across the top and iv added the front guns (that are just begging to be broken off ::))
1.jpg

Cheers Scott heres the infamous decal! its my first one Iv ever done myself......I'm sort of pleased with it. Its a shame you can see the outline, but I can live with it (its hard to see in person ;))
IMG_0320.jpg

Latest posts

Back