Replaced detail at the back with guitar string, removed some of the coil:
IMG_0818.jpg
Cut to scale and added to the back:
IMG_0824.jpg
Primed:
IMG_0826.jpg
Heres how it looks on my 1/72 falcon:
IMG_0822.jpg
Still not sure wheather to do this as the Millennium Falcon or the Stellar Envoy?......

Re: Merseajohn's 1/144 FM MF

merseajohn said:

Those are the dual springs and mounts from an Allied half track. Although the modern Dragon parts are far better detailed than the parts used back then.

*Just a little useless ILM kit bash parts trivia ;D

spring5.jpg
m2a1-frame3.jpg

Interesting Ken!
I'd like to know of an in-depth list of all parts used. Bet there's one on the net somewhere.

I'd search over at Resin Illuminati for that list John.

Great mod there and nice trivia there Mr. Trebek.

Excellent mod work there.
Dang, but I need to get moving on mine

Nice start! Speaking of which, where is mine? I have spent too much time on those lighting videos......

Nice progress so far. Interesting detail work. Maybe I have to copy that :)

Grendels said:
Nice start! Speaking of which, where is mine? I have spent too much time on those lighting videos......

You did a very good work on those Videos. And for that, you will be allowed to start some days later ;D
Im looking for one of that power sources, but they are too expensive for my taste. Maybe I have to wait for a bargain offer.

Nice technique with the guitar string, I'll need to keep that in mind when I get to that area.

Chiefpettyofficer said:
Grendels said:

You did a very good work on those Videos. And for that, you will be allowed to start some days later ;D
Im looking for one of that power sources, but they are too expensive for my taste. Maybe I have to wait for a bargain offer.

That's what I did. It took me a month to find one at a reasonable price.

Grendels said:

I guess I must have an sharp eye on ebay. But.. as I know myself, I rather get some TOS Galactica kits... ::)

Chiefpettyofficer said:
Grendels said:

I guess I must have an sharp eye on ebay. But.. as I know myself, I rather get some TOS Galactica kits... ::)

LOL!!!

Update time. Added missing piping on the back of the cockpit walkway:
IMG_0827.jpg
And added the missing fins on the bottom (These were originaly on the 32" ship but if you see the model now at exhabitions there missing, due to it bieng handled so much they have snapped off :p)
IMG_0828.jpg

Sweet, nice touch. Would you happen to know where the actual kitparts came from for the studio model?

Thanks Scott, and Scratchy I have no idea what kit parts they used, iv got a reference pic somewhere I'll dig it out for you.

JOHN ,

Kid Dy-No-Mite !! Rock It out !!!! Cool Stuff Bro !!

Some more useless parts trivia - Behind th last row of Cooling/Exhaust fans on th Rear deck ... Those are 3 Rear Decks from a German Panther Tank Kit & it seems like They incorporated th Turret ring into th circumference of the ports.

I've got Sculpting a Galaxy & will go through that &see what I can Pull together as far as a parts list. Although .. take a look at th top of this G.B ... SCOTT has compiled a Great reference thread with some of those threads really gettin into detail on th Original Model from ANH ! Remember .... a lot of those tank parts come from Tamiya ( 1/35th) for th Studio Scale Model !!

Great Catch KEN ... I was staring at it .. going .. "I've seen that , It a suspension part" - Tamiya H.T. ! ;D

Latest posts

Back