Meng Kawasaki H2

KINGSLUG

Figured Ide try out this one as its a little different from most of the motorcycle models. prepainted and press fit. Well the press fit part for the motor did not go well. Maybe a bad batch but it didn't line up at all. So i turned it into a cement process. Had to chop most of the press fit parts up and just cement them in place..weird but whatever. I never though all these pieces would line up and have good gaps anyway..you can see how crooked some of it is..hopefully the rest of it goes well..h2 1.jpgh2 2.jpgh2 3.jpgh2 4.jpgh2 5.jpgh2 6.jpgh2 7.jpg

Looks great. As a motorcyclist and a model maker, I have this dichotomy about bike models. Love building them, but the more they go together, the more little fragile bits stick off in every direction. There's like this point of diminishing returns that the closer you get to completion, they easier they get to breaking off things.

The brake hoses look easy to do..I hate the look of little plastic hoses...At the level of detail these companies can produce ..they always cheap out on the hoses.

Time for some fiddly bits. I got lucky. When I printed out the actual parts diagrams for the bike it came out to the exact scale I'm building..I can just measure and match parts to it. Suprising how long it takes to figure out and make a simple bracket like this. Now I have to do 2 or 3 more for the swingarm..then make banjo ends for the front brake lines. I don't know why they don't do this already in the kit. But I guess its more fun to figure it out your self.
H2 100.jpgH2 300.jpgH2 500.jpgH2400.jpg

tenor.gif

The oil cooler..Just wrapped it in lead wire then 2 more wires..Its weird that they just had it as a block with nothing going to it..Its pretty visible. Now have to make the hoses. Waiting on the clear hoses for the brake lines..
Then more work on the exhaust..have to add more blue and some purple..Time to get the air brush going.

model h.jpg

Latest posts

Back