McLaren Mercedes MP4-20

pitstop25

Wayne Reed
This is the model i will be doing to get my self back into a hobby i love but spent far to much time away from. Just waiting for my airbrush and stuff to get here then i will be getting right into this sexy beast.

ms0lk1.jpg

adol85.jpg

30aw3n6.jpg

:) Cool Beans !

I'll be checkin in on this ;D .
I don't have an airbrush yet either --- what set-up are you going with ?

::) All-right !
I'm tired of waiting .......Start building LOL .
Does that pic show all the sprues ?
Last F-1 car I built was a Tamiya way back , prob 25 yrs ago . That thing was detail heavy . Tons of tiny parts for the suspension and engine ..... It was a Ferrari but I can't remember the car ( maybe it was GP :p )

Lol. I have started been hand painting the bits i can today will put a pic up soon.

Yeah thats all there is to it. Its a skill level 3 just wanted something low to get my toe back in the water. I got a VW T1 Samba Bus today level 5 that has 12 sprues's on that real detail heavy that is. That will be my next project thou cant wait to get it started.

Oh and the airbrush came today aswell and its a load of rubbish so its going back. So will have to wait a bit longer to do the main body. And still some paints to get aswell plus the 18 for the bus lol

;D Had to Google 'Samba Bus' .
That's cool . I didn't know that's what those were called .

...slice off the upper section and use it for the cockpit of a scratch built hover craft ;) ;D Har !

lol like the idea. But could not do that to it it would make me cry. Just uploading some pics of what i have done so far today.

So i got started today on the bits i can paint with a brush. still doing it but someone wanted to see something now. Not naming names but he is up there ^^^^ ;D

All in one image (sorry about the box but needed something to stand them in and its all i could think to use)
311ugqh.jpg

Steering Wheel
IMGP0261_zps18bb849c.jpg

Exhaust Pipes
IMGP0259_zps727eb47e.jpg

Front Brakes
IMGP0258_zpsa78d18b1.jpg

Will be doing some more painting in the next half hour just need to go to the shop lol

:p :p :p Mmmmmm , Toffee Cones,, ;D
and blury bits ... those tiny parts are hard to photo , are you using a camera-phone ?
My Samsung does pretty well but will show horizontal lines if I have the light source close and it doesn't always focus -- it's finicky . ::)
I need to find a used digi with a lense for up close work

Yeah dont get why it did that its digi 12.1 megapixel with 5x zoom. Its never done it before. Must be because the parts are so small ???

Well a little info seeing as i have not posted. I have painted all but the body and some little bits that will get done with the body.

Not happy with the way all the wishbones and that have come out. It tells you to mix 80%black gloss with 20% gold metallic (I think there idea is it will look like carbone fiber) its come out in some funky black & gold & brown & red color. I could strip it back and just do it gloss black but i am only doing this model to get my feet wet again after years away. So i have put it down to a live a learn paint job.

I will add some images in a bit.

Body will be done my compressor & airbrush Kit are on there why to me as we speak :)

Finally ! ::)

Thought you went on vacation Har

What paints did you mix ?

I like Funky Colors

lol nope i go in august. Just been forgetting to post its a new thing to remember lol. I used revell enamel.

I am moving over to revell acrylic and vallejo but it takes time to get all the colors i need so have no choice but the camper van will be all acrylic

Here is some update images.

Wheels and tyres and decals done.
IMGP0262_zps87bb3ba3.jpg

Suspension parts With that funky paint.
IMGP0261_zps724c08b3.jpg

Cockpit made and painted a decal added to the wheel.
IMGP0263_zps2d96a310.jpg

Wood painted on the under tray.
IMGP0264_zps0be1ba87.jpg

Sidepods added to body work.
IMGP0265_zpsa9124495.jpg

The main body and under tray will be painted this week. Waiting for my airbrush & Compressor to get here.

The 'funk' part of the paint is the reddish hue ? It's predominately black in the photos
I know nothing of these cars -- what does the steering wheel decal represent ?
these cars have their instruments there I assume ?

urumomo said:
The 'funk' part of the paint is the reddish hue ? It's predominately black in the photos
I know nothing of these cars -- what does the steering wheel decal represent ?
these cars have their instruments there I assume ?

Yep its that reddish hue you can see. And yes all on the wheel these days.

Its here :D I just sprayed all the black. Happy with it so far. Will take some pick of it when its dry.

IMGP0268_zpsd90b0b6d.jpg

It does get really hot thou. It it ment to do that?

Latest posts

Back