Maybe this MPC B-Wing kit is ok

It does look somewhat toylike in the casting... I'm guessing it's the thickness of the material...

I actually have the gold version of this thing from when it came out. Kinda like the enterprise models in the conference room on the ent D.

Anyway, it's a B-wing, that in its self makes it a cool kit.

Last edited:
I found a color I like for rebel ships. It is this Model Air White Grey. Seen here with the unpainted white of the model. I am going to try it on an a-wing next.

Attachments

• DB99B9D1-6013-4329-AF58-F769EF4B3903.jpeg
    DB99B9D1-6013-4329-AF58-F769EF4B3903.jpeg
    324.9 KB · Views: 13
Looks great, that does look like it hits the mark pretty well.

I guess one could just use archive x to take the guesswork out of it. Buy when I look at the pricing of those paints I get somewhat discouraged. And it's a pain to get them into my country.

Anyway... Any white with a hue of brown will probably do, and the weathering will likely take care of the rest. I've heard that Tamiya AS-20 will work as well... But again expensive as he**. 4 parts white mixed with one part buff should also do it. If Vallejo does the job with one premixed paint, that is great.

this is great info! I am a big fan of “close enough with one pre-mixed paint”. My final judgement is usually to favor my preference and ease of acquisition over accuracy.

Really nice! I have a bandai B wing on the shelf too, so I'm interested to see this one. For paints I've been extremely happy with the Vallejo mixes suggested by guides like this one https://www.mech9.com/2019/12/172-b-wing-english-color-guide-paint.html for the X and Y wings and snowspeeder I did. I did have issues with the TIE and AT-ST schemes where it suggested adding blues at a small dose and was way off.

Making good progress on the MPC B-Wing reissue. I was pretty harsh about it, but I am having a good time. Lotsa sanding. This is largely a color test for the Bandai B-Wing on the shelf. I like these colors. View attachment 90602
I had the kit on original issuing. I didn't find it bad, though MPC fit on later years kits all needed extra work. I still prefer MPC's huge Falcon- lots of room for extra detailing. Thanks for the look!

I had the kit on original issuing. I didn't find it bad, though MPC fit on later years kits all needed extra work. I still prefer MPC's huge Falcon- lots of room for extra detailing. Thanks for the look!
I will say that one nice thing is there are way more decals than ion the original kit. It comes with both Decals and Stickers a la Bandai. So that is an improvement. Especially since I ripped a decal and was able to patch hit with a sticker

Last edited:
I would like to have one of these but I don't know how big they are (MPC kit) as my vision is not what it used to be. I haven't had good vision in years so I wear glasses to see small things but now my eyes are getting worse. My prescription is getting weak as I cannot see small things as well even with my glasses on. I need to get all my models that I have now finished before I can't see anything at all! I'm almost as blind as a rock now days and I don't think I will be able to do small details since I turned 40 my coordination is getting sloppy too!

I would like to have one of these but I don't know how big they are (MPC kit) as my vision is not what it used to be. I haven't had good vision in years so I wear glasses to see small things but now my eyes are getting worse. My prescription is getting weak as I cannot see small things as well even with my glasses on. I need to get all my models that I have now finished before I can't see anything at all! I'm almost as blind as a rock now days and I don't think I will be able to do small details since I turned 40 my coordination is getting sloppy too!
Yeah I just passed 50 and my eyesight is terrible. Getting old is no fun.
This kit is very small. Like 1/144 scale

And light... Lots and lots of light... I still have to take off my glasses and shove the darn thing right up to my face to see the details properly... Not as bad as you guys describe it... Yet... But I'm pretty sure which way my sight is going.

Hell there's always 1:4 scale. No problem!

I also have carpal tunnel syndrome and it's as bad as ever! I don't know what to do since it is usually only corrected by surgery. I have to work and I just started a new job a month ago. I can't quit and then have surgery and hope that they
they'll take me back after - including time to heal. I have to deal with this for the time being and hope that my nerves aren't destroyed completely by the time I can get medical leave. It doesn't hurt (right now) at the time being but the more this situation is aggravated the worse it's going to get! I am working on several projects at the same time so I need to finish them as soon as possible. I have no idea what will happen once I get the chance - if I get the chance to have the surgery before it's too late. My mother had it and she says that her strength is diminished in her hands. Now her coordination is suffering too as she just turned 70 last year.

I also have carpal tunnel syndrome and it's as bad as ever! I don't know what to do since it is usually only corrected by surgery. I have to work and I just started a new job a month ago. I can't quit and then have surgery and hope that they
they'll take me back after - including time to heal. I have to deal with this for the time being and hope that my nerves aren't destroyed completely by the time I can get medical leave. It doesn't hurt (right now) at the time being but the more this situation is aggravated the worse it's going to get! I am working on several projects at the same time so I need to finish them as soon as possible. I have no idea what will happen once I get the chance - if I get the chance to have the surgery before it's too late. My mother had it and she says that her strength is diminished in her hands. Now her coordination is suffering too as she just turned 70 last year.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome surgery is the most-often performed surgery and it's also the least effective. I suffered from CTS in 2005. I can't say it's a "one size fits all" approach, but for many people it's not so much a physical problem but more of a chemical one. Some people are more prone to tendonitis, etc. Pregnant women may develop CTS temporarily and then it clears up after their baby is born.

For myself, I sought help from a naturopathic doctor who diagnosed me with adrenal fatigue syndrome. This used to be an actual diagnosis back in the '50s or so, but insurance companies stopped covering it because everyone is too stressed out. He put me on a cortisol supplementation HRT which alleviated the inflammation. Try to get off of ibuprofen if you are taking that because while it may alleviate pain, in the long term it makes things worse. Cortisol is the fight-or-flight hormone and when your adrenal glands are too stressed out, your body makes adrenaline instead. As a result, you can't keep calm when stressed and are a mess. This was my case, and after supplementation, I started recovering. I'll never be 100% normal and I just can't play video games in the morning lest my fingers fall asleep. but I can use computers and such and live pain free.

I won't say much more and detract this conversation further, but it's stuff like this that unlocked a journey of discovery of learning how much of what we are assume to be true about Western medicine is crap. "A patient cured is a customer lost" is the unstated motto of the modern Western medicine paradigm, and finding non-standard approaches are often better. A friend of mine is a minor Australian sports celebrity who permanently cured his leukemia through naturopathic means. My wife got pregnant after she started treatment by a Chinese acupuncture doctor. The only thing I can recommend you do is to explore other approaches, even if insurance doesn't cover it.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome surgery is the most-often performed surgery and it's also the least effective. I suffered from CTS in 2005. I can't say it's a "one size fits all" approach, but for many people it's not so much a physical problem but more of a chemical one. Some people are more prone to tendonitis, etc. Pregnant women may develop CTS temporarily and then it clears up after their baby is born.

For myself, I sought help from a naturopathic doctor who diagnosed me with adrenal fatigue syndrome. This used to be an actual diagnosis back in the '50s or so, but insurance companies stopped covering it because everyone is too stressed out. He put me on a cortisol supplementation HRT which alleviated the inflammation. Try to get off of ibuprofen if you are taking that because while it may alleviate pain, in the long term it makes things worse. Cortisol is the fight-or-flight hormone and when your adrenal glands are too stressed out, your body makes adrenaline instead. As a result, you can't keep calm when stressed and are a mess. This was my case, and after supplementation, I started recovering. I'll never be 100% normal and I just can't play video games in the morning lest my fingers fall asleep. but I can use computers and such and live pain free.

I won't say much more and detract this conversation further, but it's stuff like this that unlocked a journey of discovery of learning how much of what we are assume to be true about Western medicine is crap. "A patient cured is a customer lost" is the unstated motto of the modern Western medicine paradigm, and finding non-standard approaches are often better. A friend of mine is a minor Australian sports celebrity who permanently cured his leukemia through naturopathic means. My wife got pregnant after she started treatment by a Chinese acupuncture doctor. The only thing I can recommend you do is to explore other approaches, even if insurance doesn't cover it.
This is very insightful indeed! I didn't realise that there were alternative medicines for this condition. Also I didn't know that you could get carpal tunnel syndrome from being pregnant. Interesting and also widely unknown. Although I've never had children and am now too old (in my 40s') that's something I'll keep in the back of my mind. In the meantime I too thought of cortisol injections. At the moment though I have an upper respiratory infection in my lungs from a sinus infection that has worked its' way down and into my right ear as well (for the moment) and I went home from work early today. I'm sure this is contagious. Thank you for your reply. I was very interesting and informative!

Latest posts

Back