Maybe a dumb question

I have been building for some time now and would like to talk with other people about modeling and maybe learn from you all
Well if learning is what you are after then this is certainly the place to be. Welcome aboard. Pantherman

I'm done arguing about whether Tamiya paints are acrylic or lacquer. Information has been supplied that says those paints are acrylics.

What I am saying is there are hazardous chemicals "lacquers" in those acrylic paints. Technically I am probably mis-using the word lacquer. But I am trying to make a point that Laurie will not use "lacquer" paints because they are hazardous. But in fact, there are hazardous materials in these paints. They are not water-based acrylics.

Tamiya MSDS Sheet.
https://www.hobbyco.net/content/files/msds/mini acrylic paint.pdf
OK. This is the preacher ha ha ha.

The man from Tamiya said that there is not lacquer in Tamiya XF 7 X.
So believe that or not. Not a clue right or wrong. Doubt any body has unless they work at Tamiya.

But. If you bung neat lacquer into their paint rather than their thinners you are increasing the hazard.

If you use lacquer to blow out your airbrush. What does that tell you when can just use relatively small doses of airbrush cleaner. Like just enough in a shot glass to cover the jet & cover.

The preaching is to keep people safe. If you can fault with the above then tell me how.

So I am now off to take my vows as a preacher with the Church of England & Scotl;and.
Hoping they do not use lacquer in their ceremony.

1694271391137.png

the-princess-bride-inigo-montoya.gif

lacquer .
Do mean lacquer thinner ?
You tell me man you know what I am or not thinking.

Sad that an important matter is turning into a circus.
Perhaps we could get back to reality than exotic stupidity.

No problem with humour but childish stuff for me & most a big turn off.

So now I will trend my way, as every day, to see my wife in hospital where
she is fighting for her life. That is where you will see true determination.

Just add that in her state her superb absolute intellectual humour is still
there shining like a bright light a beacon of fun..

That's you sober ?
Even worse
Unfortunate that you wish to be unpleasant. Not something I would wish on others.
Your mantra seems to be concentrated on a will to enhance your own standing at the expense of others.

So lets explore. Please answer each item. Not to will be an answer in itself.

I have produced approx 60 1/48 models in 18 years. All documented.

How many have you produced ? & where can I see them. Are they documented ?
Cannot find any on this forum.

I have produced 4 in number 2.4m 8ft dioramas. All documented.
How many have you produced ? Cannot find any on this forum.

You give an air of knowing all in building models so tell us the history.

Matter of interest one of the family has a Chemist Friend in industry in the UK. He says all our comments on lacquer are idiotic we do not know what we are talking about. We do not know about lacquers.

The only positive note he gave. Keep use to the bare minimum.

Laurie

Insecure much ?

If you can't find any of my builds here that's your problem . There's plenty .

" You give an air of knowing all in building models so tell us the history. "
That's your insecurity again

This thread was originally about airbrush cleaning .
I was asked to explain why people are calling Tamiya acrylics lacquers and I did .
Now you want this thread to be about your thin skin and I'm not interested .
You're having a nervous breakdown over a GIF and then throwing a temper tantrum because I asked you if by lacquer you meant lacquer thinner .

Matter of interest one of the family has a Chemist Friend in industry in the UK. He says all our comments on lacquer are idiotic we do not know what we are talking about. We do not know about lacquers.
So, as our familiy don't have chemist friends, i hope you've learned a lot about lacquers from your chemist friend Laurie. Can you also share these deep info with us also, as you think everyone is ignorant and incompetent in this forum.

Ok, I’m going to be brutally honest here. Here’s the thing, Laurie…. it was a joke by urumomo. No, he was not being rude. If you can’t see it, then you have no sense of humor. Relax. Lighten up. Laugh a little. Life’s too short to get yourself all worked up over nothing.

Remember this NEVER assume anything. It’ll only make an ass out of you and me.

I‘ve seen far too many forum threads where folks are getting too easily offended… over what? Feelings? Frivolous stuff? Please… enough with the my feelings matter BS. Deal with it.

Heck, my account has been suspended for 30 days over at modelcarsmag because the mods claimed I was bashing them over there. Reality is I called them out on bending their own forum rules by allowing certain members slide on forum violations while others that speak up on it gets a 30 day “time out”. Hypocrites…..

Last edited:
Tamiya acrylic paints are not lacquers, as it turns out

Posted by hypertex on Thursday, July 23, 2015 6:57 PM

I've read it here and in other forums that "Tamiya acrylics are 'technically' lacquers." I always doubted this statement because 1) Tamiya never refers to their acrylic paints as 'lacquers' in their own literature and 2) they behave nothing like lacquers. (BTW, I'm talking about the bottled paints, not the spray cans).

Today I posed a question to the Tamiya representatives at IPMS Nationals in Columbus. They indicated that their paints are not lacquers and that they are, in fact, acrylic paints.
You do know Tamiya also has a lacquer line, right? Same colors as their regular acrylic line but they‘re labeled as LP (lacquer paints).

Latest posts

Back