Masking Canopies

When's the next vid? I'm gonna either Tamiya tape or masking fluid on a 1/72 Harrier canopy with a very sharp blade. What would make for better results?

NecronautDrummer said:
When's the next vid? I'm gonna either Tamiya tape or masking fluid on a 1/72 Harrier canopy with a very sharp blade. What would make for better results?

I was hoping to have the next one done by now but having 3 kids kinda piles you up with programs pageants and vacations around Christmas. :p

Anyway, If you have both masking fluid and tape use them both. Cut thin strips(@1/8") of Tamiya tape and mask all the frames then fill the center with the masking fluid. Add a piece of tape under the fluid so you have something to grab onto to remove it.

I'll try and get another vid up this weekend but no promises. ;)

Thank you. I really wanted to get the next installment up but life has intervened. I'm not sure when I'll get too it unfortunately. :'(

I used some Parafilm M to mask a canopy the other day. It was pretty easy. That being said, I haven't painted anything yet so, I may find that it was easy because I did it wrong. :lol: anyway, I will let you know.

Ok, after a lifetime of delays I have most of this series finished. I may be adding to the series in the future but am unsure. The only thing that I can think of that I have not included is a liquid masking medium of some type. Enjoy! ;D

Masking Canopies: Thin Tape

Great tips . I think we all know a Piss poor performance will produce a under-par product .

Back