maserati 250f

beau

hello everyone my name is beau i am 82 and my first model is a one fifth scale maserati 250f (810mm long).
for the wheels i am using 125mm Ø plastic trolley wheels that have a spoke like center the best I have been able to find.
These have some sort of rubber or urethane plain tread, I have turned back the dia to 120mm created a flat top then cut some rc car tyres to glue them on to my wheels this gives them a look more like car tyres. 2 tyres cut then stretched out to go on top of each wheel.
Has anybody done something like this; if so what glue did you use i am thinking a thick gel type supa glue slower set even though the tyres fit pretty well when in position.

Welcome to SMA !

You're scratch building this thing ? :

red+maserati+email+%281%29%5B75%5D.jpg

Do you have any photos of what you're talking about ?
Please post some pix of the build .

Last edited:
hello everyone my name is beau i am 82 and my first model is a one fifth scale maserati 250f (810mm long).
for the wheels i am using 125mm Ø plastic trolley wheels that have a spoke like center the best I have been able to find.
These have some sort of rubber or urethane plain tread, I have turned back the dia to 120mm created a flat top then cut some rc car tyres to glue them on to my wheels this gives them a look more like car tyres. 2 tyres cut then stretched out to go on top of each wheel.
Has anybody done something like this; if so what glue did you use i am thinking a thick gel type supa glue slower set even though the tyres fit pretty well when in position.
Hi Beau, welcome to the forum. Don't forget to post plenty of photos so we can see what you're building as it sounds quite a challenge. Pantherman

Welcome to SMA !

You're scratch building this thing ? :

View attachment 112540

Do you have any photos of what you're talking about ?
Please post some pix of the build .
yes that's what I am building
this is going to take some time I spend a lot of my time at/in hospital so I hope to finish it before the cancer does me in.
photo 1 is the front suspension, 2 is the tube frame & 3 are blocks for the rear axle carriers not finished yet .

IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1081.JPG

IMG_1085.JPG

Impressive .

" i am 82 and my first model is a one fifth scale maserati 250f (810mm long) "
Well , go big or go home . ;)

I'm definitely looking forward to how you approach the coachwork .

Latest posts

Back