Maschinen krieger Melusine (with LED lights)

4apples

Mobile phone tech
Hi guys!, back after a looong time of, not having the time to do models. Got a son!, 3 years old now! love him to death, and he seams to enjoy my model building as well
tuscDFT.jpg
My last build on this site was the Junk series SEG-888. but i have been building some easy Tamiya´s since.
Altso, sorry for spelling errors, english is my second language. Last time i wrote i washed my resin parts in soup ;D

Well, i loooove robots, mechs and all that, so now I'm doing this
70SsqWW.jpg

After test fitting the torso, i found that there is a lot of room for wires inside this guy!
aZQp9yU.jpg

So startet LED´ing his head up! i put a 3mm orange diode to light the inside, I'm planning of building him with the top open. The other led, is a 3mm green diode, filed flat, drilled a small hole, addet a optical fiber cable and used some heat shrinking tape to hold it together. soldering iron was used for the bends.
AawQPsc.jpg

The "head" from the front. i picked the red diode, beacorse i want to show thats its "off" the top will be open, and the pilot will be standing beside it... thats the plan anyways.
g6c8wy1.jpg

The inside, when the top is open, the diode it not shown, but it will illuminate the cockpit. Could have chosen blue, but i think the Maschinen krieger universe is more "retro" then to have blue? if that makes sense ::)
Ik3uSqj.jpg

His Pew pew. Did that before thinking of the leds ??? And its joined pretty good together!, used Mr. Hobby Surfacer with a brush, then sandpaper grit 800, 1200, 2000. Its shining now!
9Axu9jF.jpg

eh up buddy,wow im really impressed with the neatness of ya lighting and the effect is mint!
keep up the good work..cheers peza

Looks great one of my favorite subject matters cant wait to see how it turns out

All build now. The joints look funky to me, so i will try using green stuff to fix it
RNnf0yc.jpg

Really hate sculpting, still have to do the right arm
nwSk7aF.jpg

Any tips and bending the pipes? the springy and won't stay where i want them to :p
UswuvLW.jpg

Green Stuff is drying now, so I'm trying a method and saw on the Japanese show "Plamo Tsukurou Custom"
link here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdpS2MTrgGw
The trick is creating a cast iron effect, using Tamiya Putty and your finger
lCAIeR1.jpg

The right side is just putty, left side is Putty, sanded with 600grit sandpaper. Really like the effect!, and so easy using your finger, instead of a brush and maybe Mr. Surfacer.
p806pKV.jpg

Bending the Pipes? Do you mean the power pipes from the torso to the lower legs? I used a length of solder wire or soft copper wire stuffed inside the spring. If thick enough it will hold shape.

A nice trick after you have the pose you want is to go over the power pipes/springs with diluted white glue. After several applications, you will have filled in any visible gaps but still maintain the coiled look.

MaschinenKrueger said:
Bending the Pipes? Do you mean the power pipes from the torso to the lower legs? I used a length of solder wire or soft copper wire stuffed inside the spring. If thick enough it will hold shape.

A nice trick after you have the pose you want is to go over the power pipes/springs with diluted white glue. After several applications, you will have filled in any visible gaps but still maintain the coiled look.

yes exactly!
Wow, this really helped me! Just looking trough your website for more inspiration :)

Could you make a comment section on your site? would enjoy giving your work some love!

Great project! I like seeing MaK suits lighted, too. The Strahl suits, especially, with all their glazing, cry out for it.

Regarding the hoses and making them stay put, you might also consider using a stiffer bit of wire than what comes with the kit, like a thicker piece of copper wire. I am using wire solder on my AFS, because I can bend it and it will keep the shape.

Bryan's tip to use thinned white glue is also a good one, particularly with the stock materials that come with the kit. It also helps tie the surface relief together in preparation for painting the hoses.

I look forward to your next post!

Latest posts

Back