Mandalorian-Style Blasters

Quaralane

Had an idea for a new cosplay. This time, a Mandalorian-style bounty hunter.
The pistols I plan on making are based on the "Interstellar Regulator Besh" pistol from Star Wars: The Old Republic
swdTxbB.jpg

rw4dsDK.jpg

Using the screenshots as a guide, I made a template in Paint Shop Pro, and then printed out two copies
xhKOVSL.jpg

For the bodies of the guns, I'll be using cores of 1/2" EVA floor mat foam, and the outer sides will be from 10mm HD EVA foam.
fpoB2pv.jpg

wNxTFAU.jpg

dJGkfKg.jpg

PVC barrels cut to length amd the channels for them laid out on the foam pieces
yob1719.jpg

YRqEoEZ.jpg

Modified the pieces to accept the PVC barrels by cutting the inserts out of the cores, and then using my Dremel to carve the channels in the outer pieces
ZRIXLPS.jpg

2JH1FWr.jpg

ByIT7lb.jpg

Guns assembled.
Pieces were glued together using Gorilla construction adhesive
lmFtaoI.jpg

PMJgvCH.jpg

With the barrels in place, I turned my attention to detailing the guns.
Further shaping was done with a sanding drum in my Dremel
The lines were burned in using the tip of my soldering iron
70FyfLF.jpg

EjMWcUG.jpg

PHwosc1.jpg

With construction basically finished, I gave both pistols a coat of black Plasti-Dip to seal the foam
SFXEze7.jpg

AxiCTh4.jpg

Gave both guns a base coat of Krylon Charcoal Metallic
CS9FdpE.jpg

rR13FVU.jpg

Went in after the metallic was dry and painted in the white with acrylic craft paint
The red details were painted in with Citadel Mephiston Red
Thw whole thing was given a black wash, followed by a drybrush with silver to add to the weathered look
Finished build pics:
dwz7gTq.jpg

JFDLotm.jpg

C8jZilw.jpg

0gT4QmW.jpg

Are they perfect? No
Am I happy with them? Yes
Why? Because, while I could have modded a couple of Nerf-style guns for these, I didn't. These guns are entirely my own work.

Youtube link:

That's pretty impressive results from ethylene-vinyl acetate -- that would be close to the bottom of my list of materials to build something anything out of :D

Thanks.
Cosplayers use EVA for a lot of different things, largely because it's both relatively inexpensive and relatively easy to work with

Latest posts

Back