Mandalorian Armor WIP-New Pauldrons and Bracers

Quaralane

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
11,052
Next phase of the Mandalorian armor builds will be the bracers and new pauldrons for my son's suit.
The base for the bracers is a template from foamcave.com, while the base for the new pauldrons is from Much Props
MR5ctLQ.jpg


Cut the bases for the bracers as well as the first layer of the pauldrons from 6mm HD EVA foam
Op0y7ZG.jpg


Cut the second layer for the pauldrons from 1/8" Sintra
BFEhp2t.jpg


Assembled bases for the pauldrons after heat forming and gluing with contact cement
OKWFnXf.jpg


Base of the pauldrons with the layer of Sintra glued over the foam base.
Seams will be dealt with in a later step
umXyM3q.jpg


The caps for the pauldrons were cut from 6mm HD EVA foam, heat formed, and glued up with contact cement
Emsm8qH.jpg


Caps attached to the bases of the pauldrons
6DkIqNP.jpg


Cut the upper layer of Sintra apart for a more 'segmented' look, heat formed them, then glued them to the assemblies with E6000
sBCBHsU.jpg


Used some craft foam and a spacer to fill the gap
QlMuOU7.jpg
 

Quaralane

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
11,052
A coat of black PlastiDip
X4ZTxkB.jpg


Followed by a coat of Flat Cold Iron spray paint
0Ty5BNm.jpg

249agsf.jpg


Back to work on the bracers, made a template to act as a brace for the 'equipment layer' of the bracers
zvsr4iv.jpg


Decks were glued to the bracers and braces
x5wqQkp.jpg


Glued some 6mm EVA foam to the sides to finish out the main forms
51Jbb4S.jpg


Built a frame of 10mm EVA foam to help hold our cellphones in place on the 'comm' units
5e98cjZ.jpg


Layer of 6mm foam glued over the top to finish the main forms
TFuyLdG.jpg


Cast a bunch or 'greeblies' from a set of 'Evil Ted's' silicone molds to use for detailing the comm units
2JXVRQi.jpg
 

Quaralane

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
11,052
Glued down some sheet styrene and the greeblies to finish out the units
dDmx40E.jpg

1H0WBBk.jpg


For my son's 'rocket launcher,' I built some basic rockets from cut off poly-carbonate tubes.
The launcher itself was formed from two pieces of PVC pipe and some EVA foam clay
sqxlEEL.jpg

KOU0JQs.jpg


Skinned the launcher with sheet styrene and did some seam filling
At my son's request, I only added one greeblie to the back of the launcher
Sealed the ends of the rockets with model cement
jnryeMQ.jpg

FfehjDI.jpg

t69jGF3.jpg
 

Quaralane

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
11,052
Started working on my 'flame unit' by filling the back gap with EVA foam clay
whwnL7V.jpg


The 'tanks' were made from 2 1/2" pieces of EVA foam dowel and a couple of greeblies.
Some o-ring scraps were used to form the 'hoses'
xW8DQwr.jpg


Used some more EVA foam for details and mounts, as well as a syringe cap for the nozzle
Lz8Wq9W.jpg

dBkeGqb.jpg


Straps were made from 1" elastic and plastic clasps.
Elastic was glued to the foam using Gorilla super glue
Vwau1JF.jpg


Gave the units a base coat of black PlastiDip
97QcqAi.jpg

DSxO8qx.jpg
 

Quaralane

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
11,052
Followed the black with a base coat of Cold Flat Iron. For my units, I added some red and blue detail paint.
Both sets of bracers were given black washes to bring out details and drybrushed in places with silver
The rockets on my son's unit were painted in with red, then superglued into place.

Finished bracer build pics:
AS67bQO.jpg

vVhOVpf.jpg

839yKHN.jpg

zQICFq3.jpg

8vYwywO.jpg

RgtcgfP.jpg


Youtube link:
 

urumomo

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2013
Messages
2,664
" Built a frame of 10mm EVA foam to help hold our cellphones in place on the 'comm' units "
Ha ha , Awesome !

All that came out great , man :cool:
 

Latest posts

Top