Votes: 7 21.2%
  • 51-100

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • 101-200

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • 200+

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
OK....I will be the first......200+ isn't even high enough.

When I met my wife, and we moved in together, I had counted about 325.

We moved to where we are now, and I counted them when I unpacked, and put them all into a simple spread sheet to keep track of them.....the collection had ballooned to almost 500 in 2 short years.

So....I tried to thin the stash a bit, sold some on ebay, etc, and got the collection down to about 475, and vowed not to go over the 500 mark. Well, now almost 18 months later, I have stopped entering them into the spread sheet (cause lets face it, it was getting depressing), and at that time (about 6 months ago) it was at 525, and is most likely easily surpassed 550 by now.

However.......I know guys that have 6-7 times that amount. One local guy here has about 3500, and one of the guys that go to the Moncton Club meeting, stopped counting about 3 yrs ago when he hit 3000, and he figures he has easily surpassed 4000 (judging by the amount he buys from me, I believe him), mostly car kits, and as he usually buys the new kits in multiples of either 2 or 4.

Elm City Hobbies said:
However.......I know guys that have 6-7 times that amount. One local guy here has about 3500, and one of the guys that go to the Moncton Club meeting, stopped counting about 3 yrs ago when he hit 3000, and he figures he has easily surpassed 4000 (judging by the amount he buys from me, I believe him), mostly car kits, and as he usually buys the new kits in multiples of either 2 or 4.

Maybe it's a subconscious desire to start his own model store.

Most of mine are finds off of ebay of hard to find kits. I doubt that I'll ever build them. But at least i have them, right? :)

My stash is sitting at somewhere around 95-100.
Been actually trying to cut it down slowly

I am not sure where mine is, somewhere between 50 and 100.

stash.jpg

I am currently trying to keep it all in that tower, but since I am somewhat addicted to Ebay.........

Did you know that Piling up Models is ... somewhat a North American thing ???

Must be like a disease ! I am as sick as many others here...

Can't stop buying... due mostly to a disposable income... at the present !!! but soon it won't be that way !

I used to have soo many... Sold half to my Club Buddies and the other half On EBAY !!! Bad call !
I ended up Owing more to Ebay and Paypal in Fees... than what I made in Profit selling my Kits... so..

I now started to pile more kits... so !!! I should Have kept my old stash !!!

Anyway !!! carry on !

about 90 kits (including 5 or so items in the WIP) currently in the stash, I did not think I had amassed that many unbuilt kits...I should wittle that down a bit. ;D

Latest posts

Back