Ma.K Gans (complete)

MrNatural

my head is falling off my head
Hey guys, been a while since i've contributed anything to the forum, same old story, life is crazy and hectic, I lost my mojo to build for a while. Well things have settled down a little and I've been able to get back to bench.

Anyway, here is my latest finished build, I started this one back in september of 2014 and finally got it finished up last week. Its the Maschinen Krieger Gans kit from Wave.
1%205_zpsj1rundz9.jpg
1%209_zpse7l4urqg.jpg
1%208_zpsntqvj9oi.jpg
1%207_zpszic340a2.jpg
1%206_zps50umn7eh.jpg

1%2011_zpsi84zoqko.jpg
1%2010_zpsquqtdste.jpg
1%204_zpsl3aifirm.jpg
1%202_zpsfbfdg2xo.jpg
1%203_zpseyic7in4.jpg
1%2012_zps2mklybua.jpg
1%201_zpsfczyjlge.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

I like that ....ALOT
Great paint and weathering....yellow and black ...Caution
Figure looks really good
Cheers

Belugawrx said:
I like that ....ALOT
Great paint and weathering....yellow and black ...Caution
Figure looks really good
Cheers

Wow, thanks so much man for the kind words, I really appreciate it. Just curious, you said yellow and black? I'm just not sure what you're talking about..sorry to phrase that so bluntly..Its just that the colors of the model are light brown and dark green..?..?..Now, I am clinically color blind, but I'm sure, without a doubt that the main colors on the model are light brown and dark green...just confused, are you speaking of certain details because I definitely used black on this model, but absolutely no yellow was used. I could see how light brown might be confused with dark yellow...But as a color blind modeler, statements like these draw up great insecurities about my color choices. Anyone else care to chime in here?

Must be my 53 yr old eyes,...it came across as yellow and black,....
looking back at it, with glasses, and T.V screen, I do see a black/green and a tan/yellow.....?
But nonetheless great colour combination

Belugawrx said:
Must be my 53 yr old eyes,...it came across as yellow and black,....
looking back at it, with glasses, and T.V screen, I do see a black/green and a tan/yellow.....?
But nonetheless great colour combination

Not saying you're wrong, I could definitely see how the light brown could be misconstrued as a dark yellow, to clarify, the color I used was Vallejo Model Air Light Brown, which was toned downed with various washes, could very well be the equivalent to a dark yellow of a different brand of paint. The photos present a variable as well, because, the color paint I used, comes off differently in the photograph compared to real life. Once again, I am severely color blind, so I rely a lot on the text on the bottle of paint.

Very well done!

As for the color controversy. I have two monitors hooked up to my computer. On one which is really a TV, the colors are yellow and black.

But on the other one, a computer monitor, the black looks dark green and the brown still looks a bit yellow, or a tan color. So it could all be the monitor you are using.

Grendels said:
Very well done!

As for the color controversy. I have two monitors hooked up to my computer. On one which is really a TV, the colors are yellow and black.

But on the other one, a computer monitor, the black looks dark green and the brown still looks a bit yellow, or a tan color. So it could all be the monitor you are using.

Thanks so much man! Glad you enjoyed it! That is very interesting how the dark green is coming off as black on certain monitors...as far as the light brown, I could easily see how someone would think it was a dark yellow or tan color, it basically is a tan color...My photography could have something to do with it also, just got a new camera and im not exactly set up for pristine photo work at the moment.

Latest posts

Back