M1A2 SEp Dragon ------> "look at my skirts !" / Kero's first build log here

Kero

Proud being french !
Hi gents,

So yes I get started with my first SMA build log :p

Thats a short while I've started this Abrams from Dragon.

I want my M1 to be, say, a little 'different' and found one that could do the trick :

abrams_29.jpg
abrams_15.jpg
abrams_02.jpg
from http://www.toadmanstankpictures.com/abrams.htm

These were taken in Iraq circa 2006. The details making it different are the side skirts extensions for the drivers protection and a turret glass MG shield.

Now, here ya go ...

p1070317.jpg

Lots of options in the box

p1070312.jpg

p1070313.jpg

p1070316.jpg

And here are my attemps at depicting skirts

p1070311.jpg

p1070310.jpg

p1070314.jpg

p1070315.jpg

Here is were I am at the moment !!! Will post more pics soon !

Best regards,

Richard

Hi Richard ,and welcome to the site ;)

Nice work on the skirts so far . I look forward to this progressing .

Chris.

First of all welcome to herd, Richard!!

You got one the best kit that dragon could offer. Its a good start, looking forward :)

Looks like a TUSK protection/urban combat package on the tank actually. They just left the reactive armor off the side skirts. Since the A2 SEP is what the TUSK gets mounted on your in the clear. Push on!

i dint realise dragon did one of these. the mods you have done look pretty good to me and will be looking forward to more.

also welcome to the site

Looking good.
Skirt work's very faithful to the real thing from what I'm seeing

HWR MKII said:
Looks like a TUSK protection/urban combat package on the tank actually. They just left the reactive armor off the side skirts. Since the A2 SEP is what the TUSK gets mounted on your in the clear. Push on!

Not trying to Stir the Pot but "this is" a Field Expedited Mod ! for the Driver and front Fuel Cells protection. Some stipulated it as a mere “STEP” to get on board but… No ! Its “ERA” blocks
The TUSK 1 and TUSK 2 up armor kits were fielded later to units which missions required it more ! You see lots of tanks with partial TUSK 1 or TUSK 2 kits… remember! Supply chains are not always perfect and some kits were not fully installed… either from lack of parts ! or project cut backs or just Dropping the idea has it was more of a pain than really useful ! i.e. the Rear Protection Slat Armor cage for the Engine doors. Too cumbersome to remove to service the engine… they quickly disappeared !
This field mod was a mere stop gap ! and give the Tank a Good reference in Time !!! Awesome Scratch building skills my friend… it looks the part and will make your Model Stand out ! I don’t remember ever seeing one that had this stop gap measure ! Excellent choice ! I’ll be following for sure !

Keep up the good work ! and Welcome to the herd !

Hi,

Thx gents ! I been working on the rear turret baskets, some of the bars were replaced by evergreen rod cos they were kinda bad injected parts, with unfinished details... strange. But I managed to correct this.

Pics tomorrow ;D

Regs,

Richard

Looking pretty sweet. This is a such a great kit. I've got one in my stash and cant wait to start it. Keep up the good work.

Hi Gents,

Wow... Long time I did not keep you posted on the Abrams...

Well, the paint process is over !

img_6610.jpg

img_6611.jpg

img_6612.jpg

img_6613.jpg

img_6614.jpg

img_6615.jpg

img_6616.jpg

img_6617.jpg

And after some washes, thats the way it goes :

2014-010.jpg

abrams10.jpg

Expecting a diorama base now !

Best regards,

Richard

Love a good Abrams build this looks awesome nice armour addition too :)

Dan B

Latest posts

Back