LVTR-1 wip

modelguru

The cavernous lvtp-5 was used by the Marines in south east asia , and still see's service with a few countries today.
I started with the afv club lvtp-5 but wanted to do the lvtr-1 of which 65 were used.

The kit is good as it sits straight out of the box.............. the only problem is when you look into the open end the is an echo echo echo. Oh and one more problem ....... no engine or engine bay detail.

These problems were corrected with a full resin interior conversion and a full resin recovery conversion.
Once I had settled on the plan of attack I decided to leave the engine bay doors open on top. Well the doors were too thick and were lacking the anti foilage mesh ......... so new doors were cast and the mesh was added.
Now looking down into the cavernous engine compartement , the thougfht struck me ...... what am I gona do now there is no engine. The simple answer was research (alot of it ) and scratch build the engine and engine bay.
007-11.jpg

019-6.jpg

015-6.jpg

006-17.jpg

008-16.jpg

011-10.jpg

Th Behemoth lives !! It reminds Me of th Sand Crawler from Star Wars !! Th boom crane & stuff look great ! Cool build up on th Engine !!

"And these blast points, too accurate for Charlie. Only the NVA are so precise."

ERIK

That's it! I'm going to go get an armor kit. I might get hooked.... Naaahh love building cars ;D

Looking great loving the paint!

Thanks guys. It is still a long ways from done hopefully I will have it before amps in april.
Scratchmod ........ that is praise comin from you with all the awesome work you do.

Scarredkustoms come to the dark side ....... build armor , just think no more rubbing and buffing just beautiful flat paint and lots of rust and dust. 8)

Latest posts

Back