"Love from the First Sight" All-Open Dio - 1/35

Thank you a lot, guys!!

Jaitea said:
Yep, it looks brilliant....it draws you in

How did you come up with the idea Solander?

J

That's actually quite a long story, J.
Many aspects have been included in my final vision of this dio.
All began with my seeing a pic from some Japanese modeling show a long time ago. It was Gundam related, if I remember correctly, and included such ways of expression as an angled in relation to the horizon dio surface and gundam's being located on what was supposed to be a wall to simulate the zero-g environment, and an operator, controlling its start from behind the glass. I remembered that, and thought that it would be cool to make a dio with operating in the environment with no gravitation shown some day.
The second aspect was that some time before starting this dio my wife showed a new level of interest in my hobby, and joined me in painting a couple of figures fro my other projects.That was the time I have decided to built something devoted to her, with a solid sci-fi theme, but being at the same time romantically themed , in some kind of a contrast. That was the motivation for the finall result.
At last, several days later I have received these two Ma.K. gustav suits kit as a gift from my SMA Secret Santa. From there very beginning I have decided to build them not as military mobile weapon-platforms, by as just a sort of space-suits for working in harsh environment.
It was not to long before all the parts of my project deciding puzzle fited together, and I ended up with what You see :)

Wow Sol, so many ideas & memories put into this, and as JohnSimmons said "thought provoking"

I really love this

John

That really came out looking incredible my friend. This is the exact kind of level I wish to achieve someday! Simply brilliant!

Fantastic concept and story behind the dio solander and extremely well executed.

This deserves to do well

Great job

Latest posts

Back