"Love from the First Sight" All-Open Dio - 1/35

Solander

Hi everyone!

Some of you, guys, might know, that since the beginning of this year I've been working on a project in the SMA Secret Santa 2013 Group Build that I've called "Love from the First Sight".

It is a dio that I am using the two 1/35 "Gustav" Ma.K. suits I had received from my secret Santa in.

It's plot is the following:

it is a scene of some spaceships interior divided into two zones - one habitable, and the second is a maintenance one, with no air and gravity. There is a piece of a wall between those two with a large panoramic window.

The guys in the suits are working in the zero-g zone. One is welding something inside the opened maintanance panel, flying freely in the zero-g enviroment and hanging with a spare hand no to fly away from his working zone. Another one is standing nearby helping him and using his magnetic boots to stay on the surface.
The crewmember girl is walking by over the corridor of the habitant ship's sector, heading somewhere about her business with a pad in her hand. She turns her head, sees one of the workers and gives him a smile. Bam! The guys heart is hit to the depth with a love from a first sight, his hands and legs are getting weak and he drops the instrument from his hand, which starts to fly around him freely.

That was my initial idea, and I wanted to make this dio as a gift to my wife on the Valentine's Dayother then candies, flowers and usual stuff :) No need to say it in May, but I've ruined all the possible deadlines ;D

So, now, with the project finished, and considering it to be my only dio that I've both started and finished in 2013, I really want to participatewith it in the All-Open of the BSC.

Before viewing the final pics, I really recomend you to turn on the music from the clip I've linked in the end of the post and use it as a background - it gave me inspiration for this build, and I think it really fits the spirit of the scene.

You can also see the welding effect I had achieved in this dio by using a specially programmed for this purpose microcontroller in the short WIP-vid I've attached bellow as well.

And now, please enjoy:

43.jpg
35.jpg
34.jpg
26.jpg
24.jpg
14.jpg
12.jpg
7.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg
38.jpg
30.jpg
22.jpg
9.jpg

The vids:

Echo & The Bunnymen - The Killing Moon [Music Video]

Welding effect test

Drawing a cocnlusion, I would like to tell many thanks to my great Secret Santafor the great gift - this was my first try on the Ma.K. stuff, and a really enjoyed the kit a lot; to Scott and the SMA guys, who've participated in holding this great winter event (I was happy like a child participating in it, and really hope for a new one next Christmas ;)) and to my wife, who was my muse during my work on this project.

I don't think I ever saw the finish on this one.

OUTSTANDING!!

Nothing more to say....

This turned out ...well..I don't really have the words for it.
I just know that the "All Open" category this year will be a rough one to judge

Thank You very much, Q!
And I think that speaking of not only the All-Open, but all this year's BSC categories judging is going to be a not less rough thing then last year or the year before - that is for sure. ;)

This is a clever, well executed, artistic and thoroughly thought provoking dio my friend. Well done!

Yep, it looks brilliant....it draws you in

How did you come up with the idea Solander?

J

This looks fantastic. There's so much detail and things to look at. I'd love to see this in real life.

Latest posts

Back