Looking for Vallejo Model Air/Color Set

TBadger

Demolitions Expert
Been looking around to find that these aren't cheap in the slightest. Figured I'd check to see if anyone is aware of a reasonably priced set of either line available online or from personal stash being unused.

Honestly, I don't find that the sets are that competitively priced. They usually end up being the same price or sometimes slightly more than buying the bottles individually, and alot of times with the sets you end up with a bottle or two (or more) that you may never use, which results in the colors you would use actually ending up costing you more.

Which is why I tell people to just buy the colors they want, and don't bother with the sets unless they have colors in them that you just can't get individually.

A good example of a set like that is their new German ISAF color set, 8 new colors, none of them currently available separately, and only 2 out of them that I believe will end up as colors that will be available separately at all.

I carry the entire Model Color, Model Air, Panzer Aces, and Primer line, as well as their Pigment line and coming soon their line of new washes.

I got a set of model air paints off eBay, a full set was cheaper from the UK than buying individual/small sets here

I took your advice Scott and researched all the model colors I would need. I ended up putting in one large purchase to get what I needed from Tamiya, AK, and Vallejo. Now I need to build a shelf to house all the paints neatly and within reach, plus not in a window so they're not exposed to hot/cold extremes.

TBadger said:
I took your advice Scott and researched all the model colors I would need. I ended up putting in one large purchase to get what I needed from Tamiya, AK, and Vallejo. Now I need to build a shelf to house all the paints neatly and within reach, plus not in a window so they're not exposed to hot/cold extremes.

Tbadger, by the sounds of your last post, after dropping a Benjamin on paint you may need to invest in a cabinet rather then building a custom paint rack LOL. Like I said in your other post, a person can never have too much paint ha ha. Just to let you know in case your interested in buying a case/tote type thing to house your paint, both Walmart and Lowes have different storage bins on sale right now. I got a smaller five drawer storage bin tonight at Walmart for $7

Cheapest and easiest racks ive found are actually nail polish stands.
I have 2 step type and one wall mountable shelf type and they hold a lot of paint.
Just have a look on ebay as there are lots of choices.

$T2eC16N,!wsE9suw)kV1BQ6hocSR)g~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!m!E-rBTq)+2BPyr1IH7rQ~~60_12.JPG

oh now you deserver a box of cookies for that. it is neat.

And i totally agree with Scott. I bought one when i started and i don't use most :D but at least i have them

Latest posts

Back