Leopard 2A6(M) Barracuda kit....replicating my ride from tour.

looking amazing buddy like all the after market gear looking forward to seein this all painted up..

geegad

Thanks guys.

I'll be doing more tonight. Not too sure exactly what as there literally is tons more, not including the PE slat armour.

Regards

Hi B,

glad to see thos build back up and running again, it seems one hell of a demanding and complex build, but it'll be all worth it in the end :)

keep cracking mate

cheers,

shane

I've been slowly picking away at it, getting the paint on is proving to be a real pain in the butt to say the least.

Been rather busy as well, commanding a Leo2A4 CAN during the official Rollout ceremony last week ate up most, if not all, my off hours.

Proved to be a good show and the MND seemed to have enjoyed it. Most of the spectators were shocked at to how fast we could engage targets while rolling at over 40 kph.

We actually slowed things way down for the crowd.

I'll be posting some pics tonight.

Regards

Thank you for your military service. (Yes, I live in the U.S.A. but I believe we are on the same team)

P.S. Looking forward to some product pics.

Later bud,

Adam

Well, here is the base coat I painted sometime last week. Laid on the NATO tri colour and then the tan for the Barracuda cam. There was a bit of overspray, but I'm touching that up tonight.

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

Again, I'm not in much of a rush on this project. I want to make it look like my old ride in Panjwaii.

TANKS for looking!

Beo, can you tell me what those flaps on both side of the turret are for please?

Thanks

Zappa

zappa said:
Beo, can you tell me what those flaps on both side of the turret are for please?

Thanks

Zappa

They are additional appliqué armour flaps for the frontal turret armour. They have additional stowage for the cloning tower, ropes, flex spout and other items. They also come in handy as cover when refuelling and there's Taliban in the area.

Spud - thanks!

I'm still working on it, sporadically at best. Have a three month old and a three year old and they keep me busy. When I'm not doing stuff with them, I am on a professional development course through distance learning....so bench time is very little right now.

Regards

Looked at the photos again. The small rectangular ones are just covers for grab handles.

I thought you were talking about the elephant ears.

Regards

Hey man love the look of the vehicle and I can't wait to see the finished product, and I'm also planing on joining the Lords Strathconas Horse after I graduate. Just love the look of the leopards as a model. Keep it up man.

DJ-Splash said:
Hey man love the look of the vehicle and I can't wait to see the finished product, and I'm also planing on joining the Lords Strathconas Horse after I graduate. Just love the look of the leopards as a model. Keep it up man.

Thanks.

Graduating? Are you on DP1 right now?

Beobachtungsbereich said:
DJ-Splash said:

Thanks.

Graduating? Are you on DP1 right now?
no I meant after I get through everything like high school. It's my last year so that's what I meant by graduate. But still going to be a while.

Latest posts

Back