Last Flight of Red Three

Ozzman78

"Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
Got another build to share, my x-wings inspired by SMA Scott's epic Red 6 and Red 3 dio.

These are Revell snaps repainted and added to the AMT Tie Fighters death star base. Sorry some of the pics are crud, still learning to take pics. Will update with better shots soon, at least of Biggs.

8402653228_6afef2ed0f.jpg

8401562959_d6ba27f3b5.jpg

8401563481_18083a25ed.jpg

8402653434_01fe6ba5c1.jpg

8402653508_facaf35a5c.jpg

8402652902_fb9f3f4af8.jpg

-Ozz

VERY nice!
You know what would be really kewl, and yet really psycho? A HUGE assault on the Deathstar diorama! Complete with Millennium Falcon, X-Wings, T.I.E. Fighters, Y-Wings, Turbo-laser turrets...etc. :)

ModelMakerMike said:
VERY nice!
You know what would be really kewl, and yet really psycho? A HUGE assault on the Deathstar diorama! Complete with Millennium Falcon, X-Wings, T.I.E. Fighters, Y-Wings, Turbo-laser turrets...etc. :)

That would be epic! I don't have the space but would love to see it. Closest I can think of is the X-Wing mini game on the death star tiles, looks crazy. Give it a google search.

Nicely done! I especially like your source kits, that they're the Revell snap-together kits. Many would turn up their noses at the idea. You have a great finish, looks like a movie still.

the Baron said:
Nicely done! I especially like your source kits, that they're the Revell snap-together kits. Many would turn up their noses at the idea. You have a great finish, looks like a movie still.

Thanks Baron. They were the size I was looking for (1:72ish) to fit with the death star base and at a great price (under $20). A little love in build and paint elevated the look. OOB they would be a great little toy for the kids.

Pretty cool diorama.

Thos are the Revell Easy Kit versions correct?
Supposedly they are around 1/65 while the pocket Kits are around 1/114

blakeh1 said:
Pretty cool diorama.

Thos are the Revell Easy Kit versions correct?
Supposedly they are around 1/65 while the pocket Kits are around 1/114

Yes they are the larger Easy kits. I took a guess at the scale based on the pilot size.

Really nice work! Seeing things like this give me the itch to get into Star Wars modelling - because CLEARLY my stash doesn't have enough airplanes in it ;)

Latest posts

Back